DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro Smart Controller - Question - Storage

How do you setup the Pro Smart Controller to save all files downloaded/copied to the memory card? I’m not finding the Pro Smart Controller user friendly in this regard. Anyone know how to?
I have one, and if you don't have a micro SD card in the drone itself, it will save to the controller by default. The thing that I have trouble with is that I want to load the SD card into the Smart Controller and it never seems to work, even after it asks me to choose between the drone's built in storage and the SD card in the smart controller. I have to agree, several things on it are not intuitive, but it sure beats beating my head against the rocks trying to use my phone.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So you are saying that for the Pro Smart Controller to save on the SD Memory Card, I need to have no SD Card in the Mavic 3? Thats’s seems somewhat odd. This is nothing like the Smart Controller Version 1. There must be a different way to make this work correctly. I’m use to having a SD Card in my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller; on the Drone it all goes to the SD card and on the Smart Controller everything goes on that SD Card. That was my expectation for the Mavic 3 with Pro Smart Controller. Bummer.

So you are saying that for the Pro Smart Controller to save on the SD Memory Card, I need to have no SD Card in the Mavic 3? Thats’s seems somewhat odd. This is nothing like the Smart Controller Version 1. There must be a different way to make this work correctly. I’m use to having a SD Card in my Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller; on the Drone it all goes to the SD card and on the Smart Controller everything goes on that SD Card. That was my expectation for the Mavic 3 with Pro Smart Controller. Bummer.
Not talking about your drone here... the Smart Controller has onboard memory (8GB, I think) AND you can put a microSD card in it as well for additional storage up to 128GB. I have the 64GB one and it is more than enough.

When you insert the SD and you go to the storage configuration give you the option to use the SD for add more apps or to transfer files.

In my last Smart Controller I could find this setting and save directly to the SD card, on the Pro version of controller, I have found the Storage, it sees the SD card and I formatted it but no option to save to it. Is this a feature that everyone is hoping for in the new firmware that is overdue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos