DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem putting on new props- Mavic Mini

Matriculated01

Reactions
Oki dok...- yes I ended up with scratched props ?. Don’t ask. Ok, completely uncoordinated thumb move and an unfortunate encounter with a house wall. So, with the scratched props, I took off (meaning took flight) and the craft seemed to perform perfectly. No wondering, no weird noise, nothing. Visibly bad (scratched) props, and no real effect as far as performance. Now, I’ve read everything on here from the “elders” - your prop has a slight little scratch on it - your craft is as good as trash. My experience was complete opposite. Severely scratched props seemed to make exactly zero difference in the performance of the mini. But, heeding the advice of my elders, I exchanged the 2 most damaged props. First one routine. Second one, screw would not go in all the way. None of the new screws would (with the loctite). They would not screw on there tightly. I had to re-use the old screw even though every instruction says not to do that, the loctite is already used up. Well since I couldn’t get an even fit with a new screw (head just slightly above where it should be), had to use the old one, and after thousands of feet of test flights doing so, I can report all is well. If you are having issues with the provided factory screws, it won’t really hurt anything to re-use the old already fitted screws. Just saying.

Well, I'm not looking into stating wrong or right, but IF you see that it works and is not misbehaving, you are probably safe.
Light scratches are normal, maybe sometimes they can get noisy or you end up not having 100% great aesthetics, I would not exchange a prop if the aircraft is not imbalanced. As for the screws, I've seen folks who managed to screw them wrong on the motors. Not implying that you did, but it can be a bit challenging for the first time.

Safe flights without incidents mate!

Reactions: atsphenomenon
Well, I'm not looking into stating wrong or right, but IF you see that it works and is not misbehaving, you are probably safe.
Light scratches are normal, maybe sometimes they can get noisy or you end up not having 100% great aesthetics, I would not exchange a prop if the aircraft is not imbalanced. As for the screws, I've seen folks who managed to screw them wrong on the motors. Not implying that you did, but it can be a bit challenging for the first time.

Safe flights without incidents mate!
Thanks netsonic! Exchanging props for the 1st time is challenging for sure, in my opinion. I am 100% sure I did everything I could to align the new screw properly as it should be... I tend to be be detail oriented on these things. There was something wrong with the screws, all of the new ones, save one. First prop went in fine, but the 2nd one would not align properly with the minimal amount of play as seen on every other prop. Maybe it would have have been fine, didn’t fly it that way just because I could tell there slightly more play in the one prop. Re-used old screw and it was perfect, just like all the others. All’s well that ends well I suppose.

Reactions: netsonic
I’ve been flying in all conditions with props that are less than perfect, one even has a small piece missing and the mini is stable and no vibration. I’m due to take it into mountainous terrain next month (weather permitting) only then will I consider changing out the props.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000