DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem solved - Is my smart controller charging?

And1mavic

Reactions
I just bought a smart controller online, the previous owner states it is brand new and never used. I just plug it on the charger and only blinking white at 1 bar. Is this charging or it charging super slow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
How long was it on the one blinking light?
If it doesn't progress like it would on an M2 remote, then there's a charging issue.

If it's blinking it's charging.

Put on a fast charger it will take 45mins to an hour. On a slower charger can take 4-6 hours to fully charge.

Also if you can turn it on the screen will say actual charge % instead of relying on the blinking light

Reactions: Gindra and ff22
It is recommended to use the DJI charger (or equivalent) to charge the SC. Otherwise it can take longer. There was a link at one time to an ebay site selling the DJI SC charger and I picked up a second one since they do output more power.

It is recommended to use the DJI charger (or equivalent) to charge the SC. Otherwise it can take longer. There was a link at one time to an ebay site selling the DJI SC charger and I picked up a second one since they do output more power.

I'm using the Larger AC power supply used to charge the Intelligent M2 batteries that also has a USB port on it . I don't have the original controller charger at this time with quick charge. I will be getting it tomorrow from other shipment.

You know you have to press the Power Button, ONCE and then a SECOND time in quick succession to power it on. It is kind of like the drone - two presses of the battery button.

Yes that is what I did and I even held it for 15-20 sec. It only blink all 4 white light at the same time and back to 1 solid blinking white light.

I'm using the Larger AC power supply used to charge the Intelligent M2 batteries that also has a USB port on it . I don't have the original controller charger at this time with quick charge. I will be getting it tomorrow from other shipment.

Yes that is what I did and I even held it for 15-20 sec. It only blink all 4 white light at the same time and back to 1 solid blinking white light.

If it has not been charging long, it may not have sufficient power to turn the screen on. I'd give it an hour or more..

Here's the one I purchased. From all appearances, it is the one from DJI

• Haha
Reactions: dave65 and m2zAL
At least 1 hr. Could it be over discharge?
it could be that it has been left with a really low charge for a long time and the cells have gone bad, if you can get an original charger made for the SC it may kick back into life

If it has not been charging long, it may not have sufficient power to turn the screen on. I'd give it an hour or more..

Here's the one I purchased. From all appearances, it is the one from DJI

it could be that it has been left with a really low charge for a long time and the cells have gone bad, if you can get an original charger made for the SC it may kick back into life

Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow, to get the original charger from the post office. But should I still keep it plug in with the Mavic 2 charger plug?

Guess I will have to wait till tomorrow, to get the original charger from the post office. But should I still keep it plug in with the Mavic 2 charger plug?
it won't hurt but don,t leave it unattended while on charge

You know you have to press the Power Button, ONCE and then a SECOND time in quick succession to power it on. It is kind of like the drone - two presses of the battery button.
Actually on mine I only need to press and hold the power button (upper right) for about 3to 5 seconds till it vibrates, and then let off the button. You press the button once briefly to check the charge level. Hopefully it is only because it is on a slow (low power) charger. Otherwise the battery could be junk which would require a battery replacement surgery. Luckily it is a USB C connection, and not plagued by the plugging the connector in up side down like the standard controller was. Anyway, the lights should eventually progress up until all 4 are lit.

Reactions: Gindra
Actually on mine I only need to press and hold the power button (upper right) for about 3to 5 seconds till it vibrates, and then let off the button. You press the button once briefly to check the charge level. Hopefully it is only because it is on a slow (low power) charger. Otherwise the battery could be junk which would require a battery replacement surgery. Luckily it is a USB C connection, and not plagued by the plugging the connector in up side down like the standard controller was. Anyway, the lights should eventually progress up until all 4 are lit.
Yes, that is how I power my SC on too. Just hold the power button down for a bit until the SC vibrates.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PMKMD