DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem w camera settings?

Dlmartin

Reactions
I’m still learning to fly so this is not high quality shooting... but...

in testing footage I’m wondering why there is the aliasing distortion on the house shutters?

what settigns did you use? It looks a low res video ..is this the HD video off the drone or the low res video stored on your phone ?

Oh and your music is waayyyy too LOUD (for my old ears anyway) :)

I’m still learning to fly so this is not high quality shooting... but...

in testing footage I’m wondering why there is the aliasing distortion on the house shutters?

This is not HD video. This looks like cached video... Like @Gkinghrn asked, what settings did you use?

what settigns did you use? It looks a low res video ..is this the HD video off the drone or the low res video stored on your phone ?

Oh and your music is waayyyy too LOUD (for my old ears anyway) :)
Sorry, I just threw the audio in at the last minute

this is off the SD card. Video setting is 4K. I did get a warning that SD card may be too slow on the app

you mean 2.7k? What class is your SD card?

The new card seems to work fine. My biggest problem was video export settings. I haven't done any video for 10 years so I chose DV NTSC which is old technology. Then I saw the h.264 option.

Still not happy with the quality, but I think I'm on the right path.

My computer (Dell 7010) is definitely <NOT> up to the editing task so I need to rethink that entire setup.

Last edited:
The new card seems to work fine. My biggest problem was video export settings. I haven't done any video for 10 years so I chose DV NTSC which is old technology. Then I saw the h.264 option.

Still not happy with the quality, but I think I'm on the right path.

My computer (Dell 7010) is definitely up to the editing task so I need to rethink that entire setup.
Well, you shouldn't be happy, there's a lot of "blocking" in the scenes (compression artifacts) and it's in 1080p only, not in 4K, I don't know if it was intended to export it like that or not... It's not the computer, as you sad, it's software (or just settings?) ruining your work.

How can you tell it's 1080p? I have much to learn. Sorry to post the same footage, but here's another video exported with slightly different settings.

My bad, I wanted to say "looks like 1080p, not 4K", I was obviously writing too fast... But, fast movement still look ltoo compressed, I don't know what happened there...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis