DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with Mavic?

Have you had problems with your Mavic?

• Total voters

Cyberblitz

Reactions
Thought I'd start a poll to ascertain if there's a common trend with people experiencing problems with the Mavic Pro

My Mavic pro has performed great so far! No signal loss , no acting weird. I've flown it 8 times now. I flew it 400 feet up and about 500 feet out and it was awesome! I haven't tried any other modes yet. I've only been flying in P mode out of beginner. It's been pretty awesome so far ;) I don't think my P4 is happy since receiving the Mavic I've lost signal twice on my phantom 4, maybe jealousy ? Hahaha

One of our members (_NJ Drone User Group_) had their maiden flight today and, after waiting for everything to register correctly, she finally got the 'home point' saved - she had a great day's flying.. POI: She updated the firmware so soon as she got it, as recommended, as the original (so I read) firmware had issues..

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
I hear people having major issues with battery life... Anyone know what's up with that?

I thought up this poll after seeing one on facebook. Their poll suggested 52% of users had problems with their Mavic
Yup and I'm almost certain this is the reason for the delay..3DR did the same thing with SOLO and took them a year to finally resolve main issues. DJI is much larger company so hopefully it will be sooner than later. People keep saying they did not foresee amount of orders, BS...of course they knew and if they didn't someone should be fired. MAVIC is not ready ..bottom line and I don't envy the test market people receiving them early, guinea pigs.

I thought up this poll after seeing one on facebook. Their poll suggested 52% of users had problems with their Mavic
Uh yeah, and how many of those are disgruntled Mavic purchasers still waiting for theirs, GoPro employees, or Yuneec fanboys. Lol. The Mavic is fantastic, and the battery life is as claimed.

Uh yeah, and how many of those are disgruntled Mavic purchasers still waiting for theirs, GoPro employees, or Yuneec fanboys. Lol. The Mavic is fantastic, and the battery life is as claimed.
Good to know, wonder if it was troll action on B&H website...

Why would someone enter a poll that asks their experience when they've had none? Just to skew the results?

Why would someone enter a poll that asks their experience when they've had none? Just to skew the results?
You haven't been around the Internet much. There's a review on Amazon from a Mavic hater who doesn't own a Mavic.

You haven't been around the Internet much. There's a review on Amazon from a Mavic hater who doesn't own a Mavic.

I'm not that naive;)

Yea, I don't take notice of polls usually, never mind creating one.

Hopefully here we can get a better account of people's experiences.

I'm a 3DR Solo owner and got caught in the hype. I have feelings of regret buying it now. Don't get me wrong, its a good drone but it's range is limited, GPS lock is arguably poor, there's no crash avoidance system, the gimbal is fragile and the bird is bulky. But it's stable as a rock in high wind and takes great images when it works (using a GoPro camera of course). But with 3DR bowing out of the consumer market, with little prospect of replacement parts or upgrades in the future (except from a few third parties), it looks very grim. I only purchased the bird a few months back then prices drop significantly, but only in the US, not Oz (US retailers (Amazon, BB etc) won't send Solo or its accessories to Oz for some reason)) reducing its resale value by more than 50%. And then Mavic and Karma were announced.

So, before I decide on going with Mavic instead, I wanted to get some feelers out and get an overall picture of user experiences. One of the reasons I went with Solo was due to its fantastic customer service, the reports from consumers on dji customer service suggested it was well below what it should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: kmaluo
God.. I really want this little drone to live up to all of our expectations. Never have I ever wanted to buy a product this bad. I've been in love with the idea of owning a Mavic-like drone ever since I fine-tuned my skills on the Phantom 4. That's when you start to notice the all the moments and opportunities that you miss due to the limited mobility and obtrusiveness of the P4. I still love the P4, just want to get all those shots that I'm missing out on now.

The sheer number of times that I've sat here with my credit card... just one single click away from placing my order. IT DRIVES ME CRAZY. It's just... that when you see videos like these that I back off.

Love mine. Had it since Tuesday, flown it maybe 10-ish times. Never had any problems that I have noticed. Lots of friends and family are wanting one now :) As more get them, the demand will just keep climbing. I have a feeling it's going to be hard to get one of these for quite some time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike