DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller question.

We typically tell folks to only change props if there is visual damage. I’ve been flying a M2P for a couple years and have never changed the props preemptively.

Depending on what you fly we have most Mavic series props in stock; Propellers

good luck!

Reactions: kelleyseiler
A lot depends on your drone. You should inspect them before every flight. Heavier propellers like those on the Mavic 2 will resist distortion a lot better than a Mavic Mini which are so thin that they can easily warp and will be damaged much easily. Below find a shot of MM props that got distorted while sitting in its case for a day or two. Obviously I wasn't careful enough to make sure the props were secure without pressure. One telltale sign of something wrong with the props is a drone that struggles for stability when there is little or no wind. But again, always check your props. The last thing you want it an out of control drone or it falling from the sky.

Distorted_Blades.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CommanderKJDF
I'd suggest buying at least one new set of DJI blades and keep them either as a standard against which to compare existing blades or as a rolling replacement AND standard and keep them somewhere where the will not get bent or squashed etc.
Aside from, cracks and gouges, you are concerned about the pitch of the blades i.e. how much higher the front is than the back AND also the curvature of the blade from front to back.
Aside from bending in Vindibona1's post, squashed blades tend to have less pitch and less curvature meaning they generate less lift at any given speed, so their motor has to turn faster etc. etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll