Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prospective owner FCC setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroningOnandOn

Reactions
Hi all!

New to the group and hoping to be a new drone pilot and MA owner soon, but I have a question about using the Air in the UK in FCC mode.

My intention is to get an Air and an iPad Mini 4 to use solely with it. However, I would like to set the Air to FCC mode, not necessarily for the range but for the extra transmitter power to add a little stability to the RC/AC connection and avoid drop outs.

I read in the Spark owners app about someone who used a mock location app on their Android device (I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ but the Android reviews for the Go app are not encouraging!). Using this app they set their location in the US and connected to their Spark which then started in FCC mode. After this they were then faced with the location pop-up when they started the Go app which they dismissed and continued.

My question is, could I initially do the setup on the Air with my Galaxy S8+, set it to FCC and then use the iPad mini thereafter to fly? Would that work?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help to a newbie!

Hi all!

New to the group and hoping to be a new drone pilot and MA owner soon, but I have a question about using the Air in the UK in FCC mode.

My intention is to get an Air and an iPad Mini 4 to use solely with it. However, I would like to set the Air to FCC mode, not necessarily for the range but for the extra transmitter power to add a little stability to the RC/AC connection and avoid drop outs.

I read in the Spark owners app about someone who used a mock location app on their Android device (I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ but the Android reviews for the Go app are not encouraging!). Using this app they set their location in the US and connected to their Spark which then started in FCC mode. After this they were then faced with the location pop-up when they started the Go app which they dismissed and continued.

My question is, could I initially do the setup on the Air with my Galaxy S8+, set it to FCC and then use the iPad mini thereafter to fly? Would that work?

Thanks in advance for any advice and help to a newbie!
Howdy @DroningOnandOn , we do not advocate the manipulation of software for public safety reasons (see below) however I am sure you could find what you are looking for with a google search. Good Luck.
16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.
This thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+