DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Pure Mavic Mini - No filters/No Grading Video

AcorreiA

Reactions
Hi! This time i´ve filmed in 2.7K then edited in DaVinci Resolve without filters or colour grading. It was 12H and the sun was hi in the sky! Regarding the music, i was able, for the first time, to play/make this soundtrack watching the edited footage, changing the chords and expression while watch the transitions of the movie. it was a new experience and a new workflow. Hope you like!

Reactions: sikspy
Really nice. Nice flying. Great concepts. There are so many things I liked and loved and nothing I didn't like. Bravisimo (don't know the translation into Potrugese)! I thought your titling was tasteful. Music was perfectly suited to the video. Amount of time in the video was excellent. I loved how your presented the texture of the ground. And the way that you manipulated the gimbal, especially flying over the beach shows a real touch. Outstanding. This is a presentation that I'd like to learn from. And so I have a few questions if you can indulge me...

Yes, the colors didn't need any color grading at all. So tell me about your white balance and exposure setup? It couldn't be any better IMO. Since there were no filters used, I'm wondering about the shutter speed. Everyone makes such a big deal over matching the shutter with the FPS. 30FPS or other?

Sound track- where did you find it? I tell you, some of you guys come up with such great sound tracks, I'm going to have to start ripping you guys off :).

Lastly, is this your first video production with Davinci Resolve? I'm particularly interested in what was your main go-to transition? I really liked it. The first time I noticed it, it was like a "blink", but I didn't notice the first one. When I went back to look toward the beginning it appeared to be the same transition as the rest of the video, but perhaps a bit longer. Yes/no? What did you use?

Again, I think this is something that really demonstrates the power of the Mini. Congratulations!

Really nice. Nice flying. Great concepts. There are so many things I liked and loved and nothing I didn't like. Bravisimo (don't know the translation into Potrugese)! I thought your titling was tasteful. Music was perfectly suited to the video. Amount of time in the video was excellent. I loved how your presented the texture of the ground. And the way that you manipulated the gimbal, especially flying over the beach shows a real touch. Outstanding. This is a presentation that I'd like to learn from. And so I have a few questions if you can indulge me...

Yes, the colors didn't need any color grading at all. So tell me about your white balance and exposure setup? It couldn't be any better IMO. Since there were no filters used, I'm wondering about the shutter speed. Everyone makes such a big deal over matching the shutter with the FPS. 30FPS or other?

Sound track- where did you find it? I tell you, some of you guys come up with such great sound tracks, I'm going to have to start ripping you guys off :).

Lastly, is this your first video production with Davinci Resolve? I'm particularly interested in what was your main go-to transition? I really liked it. The first time I noticed it, it was like a "blink", but I didn't notice the first one. When I went back to look toward the beginning it appeared to be the same transition as the rest of the video, but perhaps a bit longer. Yes/no? What did you use?

Again, I think this is something that really demonstrates the power of the Mini. Congratulations!
Many thanks vindibona1! Your words are inspiring to me!

I will try to answer your questions:

The word portuguese word is Bravo!

My point is to shoot with the factory presets. I am aware of changing video parameters but i just choosed 2.7K and 30fps, the rest is all auto....

About the music, as i am a keyboard/piano player i have made this song for this video.

The workflow was: editing the video on Davinci, cutting the parts of the footage, making transitions and then while playing and watching the video i was on my keyboard playing along keeping the pace and the expression.

About the blink on transitions, its allways the same, and its like this: i slide a little mark on the left corner of the movie to make the Black fade appears on the incoming video. And thats it!

Hope i could indulge you!

Take care, stay safe!

Nice job!.... but I’d edit off the last 48 seconds as there is only a black screen.
Ehehehe nice catch Thomas B! I saw it now! In the editing i pushed a title in the timeline from a previous video and i forgot to deleted, then it stayed there.....in the dark.....sorry, my fault

Many thanks vindibona1! Your words are inspiring to me!

I will try to answer your questions:

The word portuguese word is Bravo!

My point is to shoot with the factory presets. I am aware of changing video parameters but i just choosed 2.7K and 30fps, the rest is all auto....

About the music, as i am a keyboard/piano player i have made this song for this video.

The workflow was: editing the video on Davinci, cutting the parts of the footage, making transitions and then while playing and watching the video i was on my keyboard playing along keeping the pace and the expression.

About the blink on transitions, its allways the same, and its like this: i slide a little mark on the left corner of the movie to make the Black fade appears on the incoming video. And thats it!

Hope i could indulge you!

Take care, stay safe!

Thanks for the details. Looks like standard stuff... except for the music. I admire anyone who can play keyboards and compose like that. Thanks for the ti; about the quick entry fade-in. I think I may use that on my next mini production that I've got the raw footage loaded now. Can I steal your music for a future project? It's hard to find tracks that good.

Yes! you can use it!
Feel free, you and all you out there.

See attached file.

If you want to explore some of my music you can go here:

Attachments

• droning03.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics