DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Quail Creek Reservoir in Southern Utah

Not by any means a expert. The video itself is quite nice but I think you need to work on flow a bit, telling a bit of story if you will. Sort of pick a target of interest and fly to it, and then move to the next one etc so the flight flows better.

Hopefully that makes sense

Reactions: desertflyguy
I liked it. I really liked the reveal of the lake. I was wondering if you had skis on your MA2 there for a minute - That was pretty low. At least you didn't seem to scare the birds floating on the water.

@RGallant- Thanks for the recommendation for a focal point. When I shot this, I was just goofing off and only intended to watch it later on my laptop... and one thing led to another.

@Prop Wash- The lake reveal is my favorite part too. It was an accidental shot as I was mostly trying to climb the incline of the hill without hitting it. Flying over water always makes me a little nervous. I was around 6-8 feet above the water in that shot. I try to avoid birds and wildlife as much as possible... no need to stress them out.

This may be your first drone video, but my guess is not your first video edit. Drone movement was smooth for the most part, something I continue to strive to do. I thought the shot over the lake felt long. And agree with the above about the opening shot and reveal. Love that area of Utah.

Last edited:
This may be your forest drone video, but my guess is not your first video edit. Drone movement was smooth for the most part, something I continue to strive to do. I thought the shot over the lake felt long. And agree with the above about the opening shot and reveal. Love that area of Utah.
Thanks for the feedback. Good point, I will try to shorten up some of my longer clips next time. All those shots were taken in CINE mode. My NORMAL or SPORT shots aren't even remotely as smooth.

I've owned and flown a MP1 for a few years before recently getting a MA2s, but only ever watched my unedited flying clips on my laptop. But after watching a good number of drone videos and a couple of youtube tutorials on video editing... I gave it a shot.

Greetings! , thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes