DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Query regarding Mavic 3 classic gimbal/camera calibrating

Kemb0

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm a Mavic Pro user looking to finally upgrade and looking at the Mavic 3 Classic. One issue I often found frustrating with the Mavic Pro was every time I'd use it I had to calibrate the gimbals,/camera, otherwise the footage would always be at a noticeable angle. The calibration process was long and laborious and I often found wouldn't guarantee your footage would come out any better. Can anyone with a Mavic 3 comment on whether it's any better in this regard? Do you still find you need to regularly calibarate it? Can you pack it in a bag, pull it out and take off straight off, or will it face the same issues with the Mavic Pro having to fiddle about for 10 minutes before launch?

I did wonder if this was due to me putting on fidly ND filters before each flight, which possibly resulted in me uncalibrating the camera each time. So hopefully the MV3 filters are easier to put on so result in less liklihood to screw up the calibration.

Thanks

I don’t think putting on & taking off filters will affect the calibration if the drone is turned off (never do it with the drone turned on) If yr gentle with it.
i agree recalibrating seems a flaky process but I found that following the instructions is important which includes reducing the resolution of the monitor to somewhere around the lowest setting a bizarre problem.

There is something wrong with your M3, you should rarely, if ever, need to calibrate your gimbal. Open a case with DJI support and get it fixed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan