DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about DJI unlock when paired with Litchi hub app

adiru

Reactions
So if I got access to unlock a radius in a blue auth zone for the DJI and apply that license to my aircraft via the DJI app, does it then allow me to swap the app to use Litchi and fly a preprogrammed waypoint mission within the parameters of that radius or no?

Is the authorization dependant on using the DJI app itself at all times or is it that once the authorization is toggled to the mavic drone then for the remander I can switch to Litchi and fly unimpinged within that sphere?

Anyone know?

/////////////

I spoke too soon, it is not working for lots of places I tried, says something wierd about photo something
a "Mission failed to upload: waypoint distance invalid photo shooting range " or something

Attachments

• sixf.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I tested, to answer my own question:

1) first connect to the original DJI app, then use the app to accept the unlocking license(s) then fly the drone to about 25 feet in the air,

2) while drone is in the air with the unlocking license just applied, swap the app to the litchi app and then load the mission and it should be working as long as all waypoints are within the approved NFZ allotment zones!

Reactions: MRomine
I have same issue today because Litchi can not initialise the mission I uploaded. I will try later.

Reactions: adiru
I spoke too soon, it is not working for lots of places I tried, says something wierd about photo something
a "Mission failed to upload: waypoint distance invalid photo shooting range " or something

I was ONLY using this for waypoint flying, I was NOT using it to take photos etc... the entire mission had no POI and no photo taking actions etc... so the error was nothing to do with the actual issue

But nonetheless I think if ANY of the waypoints fall within a NFZ or even so much as an alti restriction of DJI, then Litchi app will refuse to load the mission...

This is even after I applied my UNLOCK licenses granted by DJI itself....

Same for me too, have to unlock with DJI GO4 first. Once successfully unlocked open up Litchi and take off and load mission like usual. Has to be done like that every time the drone is powered off and on again. Ive seen posts where people claim they can fly in a NFZ with Litchi which never has worked for me.

Reactions: adiru
For example the Litchi app refuses to load this missions.... even though NO point is in any NFZ

Attachments

• sixf.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
Same for me too, have to unlock with DJI GO4 first. Once successfully unlocked open up Litchi and take off and load mission like usual. Has to be done like that every time the drone is powered off and on again. Ive seen posts where people claim they can fly in a NFZ with Litchi which never has worked for me.
btw do you or anyone know if testing with a mavic 1 or 2 if with the nfz removed, does litchi still complain or is everything just fine? just asking theoritically. Its a bit of a pita to have to do this process every single time. Almost thinking of getting the autel since it doesn't have geo fencing period. But alas litchi isn't available for Autel!

btw do you or anyone know if testing with a mavic 1 or 2 if with the nfz removed, does litchi still complain or is everything just fine? just asking theoritically. Its a bit of a pita to have to do this process every single time. Almost thinking of getting the autel since it doesn't have geo fencing period. But alas litchi isn't available for Autel!
My Mavic 2 has the same results as the mini. I have to unlock the authorization zone with GO4 and once unlocked close it and open litchi and enjoy.

Been following this thread; so Litchi will run a waypoint mission that has one or more waypoints inside a no fly zone as long as I:

(1) unlock the noflyzone with DJI GO4
(2) launch GO4, get the AC in the air, and then switch to Litchi

Am I understanding this right?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone