DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about POI mode with DJI GO4

FlyingBliss

Reactions
I need to fly some missions which require video recording during orbital flight with the camera staying focused on the center of the property. This is a clear case for the POI intelligent flight mode with the DJI GO4 app & the M2P. The challenge that I’m running into with this particular job is that the distance between the POI and the orbital flight path (radius) is considerable. I have tried setting the POI, which was confirmed each time I set the POI, and then flying my drone to the proper position to fly the orbital flight path but by the time my M2P reaches the position where I want to start the flight I have “lost” the POI. Is there a radius distance limitation between the POI and the flight path when using DJI GO4? If so, is there any way to circumvent this issue, or do you know of another software platform/APP that doesn’t have this limitation?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

All the best,

Ryan

I need to fly some missions which require video recording during orbital flight with the camera staying focused on the center of the property. This is a clear case for the POI intelligent flight mode with the DJI GO4 app & the M2P. The challenge that I’m running into with this particular job is that the distance between the POI and the orbital flight path (radius) is considerable. I have tried setting the POI, which was confirmed each time I set the POI, and then flying my drone to the proper position to fly the orbital flight path but by the time my M2P reaches the position where I want to start the flight I have “lost” the POI. Is there a radius distance limitation between the POI and the flight path when using DJI GO4? If so, is there any way to circumvent this issue, or do you know of another software platform/APP that doesn’t have this limitation?

All the best,

Ryan
You may have better luck doing a waypoint mission and plotting out the waypoints in a circle around the POI and then setting the POI on the map. This is usually better when the distance from the POI to the flight path is large. It also allows makes repeating the mission easier as well

All the best,

Ryan
You should be able to "watch" the distance setting increase on the screen as you fly out to the desired distance. Because you are in the part of the app where speed, etc. is also set - It should become obvious IMHO if the app "drops out" or whatever.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000