DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about using a tablet with controller.

Melor

Reactions
Southern California - Rancho Santa Margarita USA
I have had a bit of luck over the past ( almost ) week of ownership of my new drone. Learning to fly, taking photos and videos and getting those images from the drone to the computer, etc.

It took a bit of searching but I finally found the page on the DJI GO 4 application on my iPhone that showed the flight stats on my overall use of my drone. Interestingly the app seems to have multiple pages of stats, one for me, and one for each drone I fly. Mine are the same because I only have the one drone. Handy I suppose for those who operate multiple drones.

I installed the DJI GO 4 application on my 9.7 and 12.1 inch iPads and noticed that the stats synchronized ( nice ) but that on the iPads the statistics were in metric where on my phone they were in feet and miles. I could not figure out how to switch these but thought if I hooked up the respective tablets to my controller and connected to the drone I could specify feet and miles and be set on each of the tablets.

This is where I ran into a road block. I didn't install my phone into the controller, and attached the tablets with a lightning cable to the port under the tablet. I unhooked the cable into the side of the controller and couldn't get either tablet to be recognized by the controller or recognize the controller by the software on the tablet. So, this post is actually about two issues, the system of reporting the numerical statistics on the DJI GO 4 flight records page and more importantly why the controller doesn't even see the tablets.

Paul

I'm sure you mean the tablet doesn't recognize the controller.
Be sure you completely disconnect the side cable from the controller when using the standard USB port.

Be sure the app in the iPad has units in Imperial.

Reactions: Melor
I'm sure you mean the tablet doesn't recognize the controller.
Be sure you completely disconnect the side cable from the controller when using the standard USB port.

Be sure the app in the iPad has units in Imperial.

I think no party to this union recognizes the other party... Not 100 percent sure what the controller is thinking about, but the tablet certainly isn't reading the controller. When the connection initially failed, I tried again with the cable unplugged from the side. Still didn't work. I will try again and see what happens.

Regarding the imperial units, I am not seeing any option in the app to specify units of measurement. I believe they show up only if the application has made friends with the controller and the controller with the drone. If there is a setting I would be in your debt if you could point it out. Otherwise I am still trying to figure out why the ipad isn't working with the controller.

Thanks for your advice. I am still working on my problem.

Paul

Normally you can (just checked on my HTC phone) but you can't easily get to the 'camera view' if you've never connected before.
But if you HAVE connected before, select 'enter device', then 'enter the camera view'
Then click on the three dots up top right, then three dots at the bottom left.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS