DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question concerning the new 107 test

dljordaneku

Reactions
Please correct me if I am wrong here, :oops::oops:

So my understanding is the test for the US FAA part 107 now includes night flying. Are there any other changes I need to be aware of? I don't have my 107 yet but would like to. Any study material I am finding on Amazon really doesn't say that it includes any changes for 2021 or not. So, what study material should I be looking for? Any recommendations?

dj

As far as the test and any question to the new provision to allow night flights, there isn't much to add once you pass a 107 cert. Test...all you need to know is that once certified for night flight, your drone must be equipped with anti-collision lights. These lights must be visible for at least 3 statute miles and flash at a rate that is “sufficient" to avoid a collision. So if there is any reference in the test that is all they can ask. That I can see.
Please correct me if I am wrong here, :oops::oops:

So my understanding is the test for the US FAA part 107 now includes night flying. Are there any other changes I need to be aware of? I don't have my 107 yet but would like to. Any study material I am finding on Amazon really doesn't say that it includes any changes for 2021 or not. So, what study material should I be looking for? Any recommendations?

dj

Reactions: rp6
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake