DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question: travel from Phoenix to Albuquerque

akdrone

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Phoenix to Albuquerque via Payson. Any recommendations for drone flying along the way? This will be on a trip to Fairbanks Alaska (more queries to come :) ) . I've done a lot flying between Phoenix and Sedona so we're not planning on going through Flagstaff unless something north of Sedona and through Flagstaff/Winslow has something amazing I'm not aware of. Any of you southwesterners have thoughts?

Don't know how far off route you want to go, but Apache Lake, W of Rosevelt Lake has some spectacular cliffs and canyons (canyons & cliffs at E end, mesas and more cliffs at W end). Then NE of the E end of Rosevelt Lake just off Highway 288 (variously called "The Globe-Youngsville Road", "Tall Pines Highway", etc) are some tall vertical cliffs with narrow bisecting canyons that would be great flying.

Once you're in New Mexico, E of Magdalena before dropping down to Socorro (on Hwy 60) Water Canyon is a short paved drive to the S with more great rock cliffs among pine covered hills that would be great in afternoon light.

New Mexico is home for me so if you'd like gps tracks or waypoints for some remote corners with good flying drop me a message.

Howard Snell

Phoenix to Albuquerque via Payson. Any recommendations for drone flying along the way? This will be on a trip to Fairbanks Alaska (more queries to come :) ) . I've done a lot flying between Phoenix and Sedona so we're not planning on going through Flagstaff unless something north of Sedona and through Flagstaff/Winslow has something amazing I'm not aware of. Any of you southwesterners have thoughts?
I love the granite dells between Flagstaff and Chino valley, especially the lakes there. If you haven't done the dells it's world-class landscapes.

if you wanted to go out of the way aBIT ^MILES EAST OF GRANTS nm TAKE 117 AND FOLLOWS TO YORK RANCH ROAD TAKE IT TO PIE TOWN STOP AND HAVE SOME PIE OF COARSE THEN TO DATIL nm , AND THEN ACROSS THE SAN AUGUSTINE PLAINS , PAST THE BIG ARRAY TO MAGDALENA , THEN SOCOROW THEN NORTH TO ALBUQUER QUE BUT BEFORE GET OFF AT BERNADO TAKE THE OLD ROAD AND YOU WILL GO THROUGH THE FEILDS OF MIGRATING BIRDS A NICE SITE , ALMOST FORGOT IN GRANTS ON SANTA FE AVE THE MAIN ROAD THUR STOP AT THE MI CASITA CAFE FOR LUNCH SOUTHWEST CUISINE AT ITS FINEST

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer