DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions about Data Transfer and Charging of the Equipment

Simplicity

Reactions
Hi there!

I bought a Mavic Mini just a few days ago and until now I accumulated a couple of questions that I couldn't find an answer to on the DJI website:

1. How do you charge the remote? The only port I could find was the one you connect your phone with using the included adapters. I figured that this couldn't be also the charging port, because the adapters all have male ends, which are normally not used to get charged, but to charge or connect to connected devices. I also wasn’t able to find a cover for batteries.

2. The charger for the battery packs has two ports, a micro-USB and a USB-A port. Are both just for charging the battery packs, or do they have another function?

3. Like mentioned on this page on the DJI website (Drone Photo or Video Files Export Guide), you can download the files from the micro-SD card in the Mavic Mini by downloading them from the album, connecting the drone via the port on the back or by plugging the micro-SD into your computer.
  1. Which method is the best and have any of them any downsides, like lower quality of the downloaded content?
  2. The port mentioned in the article is a USB-C port, but the Mavic Mini has a micro-SD port. Does the second download option still work with it? What else can you do with this port?
  3. What requirements should the micro-SD card meet (capacity, read/write speeds, …)

Thank you very much in advance for your help, I hope my questions aren’t all too trivial to even ask :). I look forward to being a member of this great community, I have already looked into a couple of threads and was able to acquire a lot of useful information.

There is a port on top and one on the bottom.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Droneman82