DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Mastershots Test

Looks like it was really struggling with the spotlight track, my M2P faired better than that, hoping the proper firmware update addresses this as well as all the other failings.

Can you only do a Mastershot on the pilot or can you do it on some landmark instead?

Mastershots sounds like an aerial video selfie or at least the marketing makes it appear that way.

But can you set the target around anything in the video frame?

Also can the target be moving or have to stay in place?

Quick Active track Test. My Mavic 2 did better.
Were you trying to fail? Two points: 1. The drone was directly overhead (not the best position for tracking, you’re basically track a head), and 2. your subject stopped in a shadow and stayed there as if he was hiding from the drone. I’m not sure if Sydio woud have done better under these circumstance, maybe … maybe not. But keep testing and providing the results. Keep safe and happy flying!

Looks like it was really struggling with the spotlight track, my M2P faired better than that, hoping the proper firmware update addresses this as well as all the other failings.
I am hoping so as well, it did track a car properly today though

Can you only do a Mastershot on the pilot or can you do it on some landmark instead?

Mastershots sounds like an aerial video selfie or at least the marketing makes it appear that way.

But can you set the target around anything in the video frame?

Also can the target be moving or have to stay in place?
Mastershots can work on a moving target but it will lose it during the shot as it sets the fixed location when it starts

Were you trying to fail? Two points: 1. The drone was directly overhead (not the best position for tracking, you’re basically track a head), and 2. your subject stopped in a shadow and stayed there as if he was hiding from the drone. I’m not sure if Sydio woud have done better under these circumstance, maybe … maybe not. But keep testing and providing the results. Keep safe and happy flying!
I was hoping it would work. I have done similar tracking with my Mavic 2 and it worked flawlessly. Well I hope they fix the issue as I tried tracking my son today again from the front and as soon as he passed behind a solid tree and came out the drone lost him and could not pick him up again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419