DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Release Propellers for Mini 2!!!! ???

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
While ordering props for my M2 on Amazon I came across something I wasn't aware might be available... QUICK RELEASE props for the Mini 2! Anyone try these?

What is so interesting about them is that you screw down a mounting bracket on each motor (for lack of a better term) which accept each set of two props just like the Air2 and M2. What has me thinking about this system is that when I mount the DJI OEM propellers where each of them is screwed to the motor, is sometimes propellers don't fully fasten down even though the screws are fully tightened and there is a bit of vertical play even will fully tightened props. When there is a bit of vertical wobble I've found the Mini 2 less stable than when there is no play at all.

What do y'all think?

Mini 2 Quick Release Props

Reactions: old man mavic
@vindibona1 personally i would not use them myself ,they are an unknown quantity when it comes to quality and durability

@vindibona1 personally i would not use them myself ,they are an unknown quantity when it comes to quality and durability
I agree in principle with you. I've given them some thought and find them intriguing. However it's highly unlikely that they would be a total disaster. But you never know. There really is nothing magical about OEM props. We just know they work. The concept seems solid. They are offered on Amazon with "free returns", so for $17 I decided to take a chance. I'm also going to test out some Master Air Screws for my M2. The orange props look interesting. I think I needed something to get me to want to get out and practice flying. Winter is nearly hear and everything looks pretty yucky. So at least I can get motivation from testing gear and practice flying.

@vindibona1 ,no worries if you do get them then let us know how you found them

I picked up some of these, a few months back, and have had nothing but success, with them. Even picked up their triple blade sets. No overheating, or problems, at all.
I usually don't stray too far from OEM parts, but, my friend had purchased this type, to review, and loves them. Figured I'd try them out, and have been happy since. To each, his own.

Attachments

• 20210731_210751.jpg
    20210731_210751.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 65
While ordering props for my M2 on Amazon I came across something I wasn't aware might be available... QUICK RELEASE props for the Mini 2! Anyone try these?

What is so interesting about them is that you screw down a mounting bracket on each motor (for lack of a better term) which accept each set of two props just like the Air2 and M2. What has me thinking about this system is that when I mount the DJI OEM propellers where each of them is screwed to the motor, is sometimes propellers don't fully fasten down even though the screws are fully tightened and there is a bit of vertical play even will fully tightened props. When there is a bit of vertical wobble I've found the Mini 2 less stable than when there is no play at all.

What do y'all think?

Mini 2 Quick Release Props
21% one star HATE IT! But click on one star to see issues and said no one stars to show? Did I miss something? :rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21