DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Transfer not working on my Android phone

Grandpa don

Reactions
I know there are other who have posted messages about this issue. But I still haven't found a good answer, or what to do to fix it. I put this on the DJI forum.

1#

I've read the instructions over and over again on how to do a Wifi quick transfer from my Mini 2 to my Android phone. But I still can not make it work. I get to the point where it is asking me to Connect to the Mini 2. I select connect. The blue light starts blinking on the drone and the hour glass continues to go around on the phone. Then it says Connection Failed. Make sure both devices are turned on. Wifi and BlueTooth are both selected on the phone.

What is the issue here?

Grandpa Don

Last edited:
I know there are other who have posted messages about this issue. But I still have found a good answer, or what to do to fix it. I put this on the DJI forum.

1#

I've read the instructions over and over again on how to do a Wifi quick transfer from my Mini 2 to my Android phone. But I still can not make it work. I get to the point where it is asking me to Connect to the Mini 2. I select connect. The blue light starts blinking on the drone and the hour glass continues to go around on the phone. Then it says Connection Failed. Make sure both devices are turned on. Wifi and BlueTooth are both selected on the phone.

What is the issue here?

Grandpa Don
Please post model of phone.

My phone is a Samsung Model SM-A215U. My son is having the same problem with his Android phone. I don't know the model of it but he said it was "top-of-the-line" and cost him $1,200.00. He and I both have the Mini 2 and the latest Fly app. All other funtions of the app are working perfectly. We just can't use the Quick Transfer option.

Go to settings (...) 3 dots in top right of fly app, select Profile on the start screen.
Select settings.
Go down left list to Quick Transfer Band.
After select move slider to Fixed 2.4 Gaz
Close option screen and retry. All should now work.
Regards.
Stgjb

Go to settings (...) 3 dots in top right of fly app, select Profile on the start screen.
Select settings.
Go down left list to Quick Transfer Band.
After select move slider to Fixed 2.4 Gaz
Close option screen and retry. All should now work.
Regards.
Stgjb
I tried that just now. It still would not connect. I selected the 5.4 ghz also. And I switch to Manual channel selection. I still can not get it to work. It gets to the screen that say "Device to connect to Go Fly" and then stalls. There is no device showing to connect to. So after a few seconds it says Connection failed. I would have expected it to show the Mini 2 to connect to. But there's nothing...

When I go into the connections setting on the phone. Under Wifi, it show the DJI Mini2 as an available network. But under it it says "Couldn't authenticate connection"

Btw, I did not see a Quick Transfer Band in my fly app. I have a Mini 2 with the v1.3.0 app. But in Control I did see the dual band selection 2.4 and 5.4 I think it was. It also had a manual channel selection. I did not see anything that said Quick Transfer Band, or a slider. It gave me a choice of manually selecting either 2.4 or 5.4 ghz. I hope that is the same thing you are talking about.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka