DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quickshot Circle Error

KirkOden

Reactions
When I try to do the quickshot circle I keep getting an error message saying that the max distance reached. I have tried doing it closer and have received the same error message. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

When I try to do the quickshot circle I keep getting an error message saying that the max distance reached. I have tried doing it closer and have received the same error message. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Do you still have Beginner mode enabled? If so it will limit the distance you can fly away from your take-off location.

Do you have the prop cages on, and it is then in "payload mode"? Or possibly you've set the max distance setting to something very small? One other possibility is you are in "beginner mode"

edit - the fly app doesn't have a "beginner mode" so ignore that last possibility. The Go 4 app does have a beginner mode, but irellevant for the Mavic Mini and Mini2

Last edited:
I have seen a few people reference a beginner mode but I have not been able to find where that is turned on/off. Can you point me to where that would be?

Thank you!

I have seen a few people reference a beginner mode but I have not been able to find where that is turned on/off. Can you point me to where that would be?

Thank you!
On the drone there is a switch hidden behind a “door”.

On the drone there is a switch hidden behind a “door”.
Can you elaborate? Are you talking about the battery door?

I have also gotten max altitude reached a few times when I am only about 94' up. I have altitude and distance set to no limit so that wouldn't be causing the issue.

Can you elaborate? Are you talking about the battery door?

I have also gotten max altitude reached a few times when I am only about 94' up. I have altitude and distance set to no limit so that wouldn't be causing the issue.
Is there a small flexible door on the drone.

Thank you!
My bad - the MM (and the Mini2, Air 2) doesn't have a specific beginner mode like the older mavics that use the Go4 app.

Another thing to check - do you have a good GPS signal on the drone? If not you'll be limited in altitude to 30m/100ft

@Thomas B Am a little confused what you may be referring to regarding a switch behind a door. Having disassembled a MM1 I only found 1 hardware switch on the whole drone and that was the power button, located on the under-side of the drone body. There is also only 1 door and that's the rear hatch for accessing the battery compartment.

Do you have the prop cages on, and it is then in "payload mode"? Or possibly you've set the max distance setting to something very small? One other possibility is you are in "beginner mode"

edit - the fly app doesn't have a "beginner mode" so ignore that last possibility. The Go 4 app does have a beginner mode, but irellevant for the Mavic Mini and Mini2
I do have the cages on. I will have to double check next time to see if I have it in payload mode. Does payload mode change anything as far as the distance/height or does it just tell the drone to expect a little more weight? My altitude and distance are set to max.

Reactions: scro
That's most likely the issue. The cages trigger payload mode and payload mode limits your altitude and distance. I think max altitude is 30m, and distance 50m. Try again with the cages off and see if you have better success. ?

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone