DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quiz; Whats wrong with my drone? Gimbal motor overload.

Remove the gimbal clamp that you left on when powering up your Mavic.
It would be a good time to add a brightly colored tether to the gimbal clamp so that it catches your attention before powering on your Mavic.

Another option is to search for a preflight checklist that other members have posted upon this forum that includes "remove gimbal clamp" as one of the steps.

It would be a good time to add a brightly colored tether to the gimbal clamp so that it catches your attention before powering on your Mavic.

Another option is to search for a preflight checklist that other members have posted upon this forum that includes "remove gimbal clamp" as one of the steps.

Perfect answer!

Reactions: Ex Coelis
I’ll throw this one in cos it happened to me, gimbal hitting the ground while initialising just before takeoff. Make sure you flatten the grass before placing your landing pad there.

Oh I’ve also do thato_O

Reactions: Former Member
i suppose that if you had not forgotten to remove the guard and the gimbal was not impeded on start up you could try to recalibrate the gimbal and also check that it is attached to the mav correctly and also look for any signs of damage to the gimbal cables

Ok I have a question for you all...

Which of the following statements about linking to DJI GO 4 is incorrect?
A. When the remote controller makes sounds, it is ready to link.
B. When the aircraft starts linking, the Aircraft Status Indicator on the aircraft is blinking red quickly.
C. When the remote controller stops making warning sounds, the Status LED is solid green, and the Aircraft Status Indicator is solid green, the linking is successful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom