DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radar scope does not report aircraft position correctly

Sky1

Reactions
Anyone else have this happen? I was using my little dish reflectors so was trying to keep the remote facing the drone. The scope id not match the real direction of the drone. I assume that might be Compass calibration but on my phone or the drone?

Anyone else have this happen? I was using my little dish reflectors so was trying to keep the remote facing the drone. The scope id not match the real direction of the drone. I assume that might be Compass calibration but on my phone or the drone?
The drone's compass will be fine .. or you'd have noticed serious issues.
It will be the compass in your phone.
Google will find the way to calibrate the phone's compass.

Even if it's not displaying direction correctly, the red paper plane icon will always point toward the centre when you are flying home.

If the compass is pointing the bird in wrong direction calabrate the drone. If still having problem move bird to different location and calibrate the drone.

Some people were having to add a compass app to there phone so they could calibrate the phones compass .

I brought up google maps to calibrate but it was 100% accurate as I faced in different directions they are spot on. But when I run the DJI app and head directly away from me it shows it about 70 degrees to the right. Lands exactly right on target. I will re-calibrate the drone compass anyway to see if it changes.

If the compass is pointing the bird in wrong direction calabrate the drone. If still having problem move bird to different location and calibrate the drone.
I brought up google maps to calibrate but it was 100% accurate as I faced in different directions they are spot on. But when I run the DJI app and head directly away from me it shows it about 70 degrees to the right. Lands exactly right on target. I will re-calibrate the drone compass anyway to see if it changes.
It has nothing to do with your drone's compass.
You would know if it was causing problems because you couldn't fly properly.
There is no need to calibrate that as it is already working properly.

I am thinking it is that when I put my phone in the mount it throws off the compass on my phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3