DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rainy Season Sucks: Reluctant to Fly Drone

PS01

Reactions
Is it just me or anyone else also feels moody and reluctant to fly drone during this rainy season? In my country it's rainy season, the sky is mostly cloudy, it rains a lot without warning. I remember in December I went to a place outside my town, was excited to fly my drone, but as soon as my drone took off I felt drops of rain on my arms. Then immediately I landed it again. Huge FACEPALM[emoji17][emoji2357]. After that, I haven't flown my drone again.

Any tips on how to get excited to fly my drone again during this rainy season?

I know how you feel, ice here and chomping at the bit to fly but I know being patient is the only way to avoid mistakes. I was considering trying my hand at inside flight, but thought better of it after low light warning and fly with caution. I know without GPS it's not going to be as stable.

I wish it was only rainy...it is -20 with wind chill here...at least you have a chance
What if the drone was hit by lightning? That's what I'm afraid of. And of course rain water goes inside the drone will break it. It's not just about us hoomans. It's about the drone as well.

There's plenty times I carry the Mavic out with me and it never leaves my backpack because it's started raining or the wind has picked up. It can be annoying but at the same time it's why I like the small size of the Mavic as I can easily carry it out a walk or cycle and if it doesn't get used I've not been put out.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Bad idea to fly in crappy weather. I find battling the cold & wind so distracting, it makes for a dissatisfying flying experience.
Wanting to fly last Sunday, I braved mid 30ºF with 10 ~15 mph winds by the water. My eyes were watering so bad I couldn’t fly more than 400 ft at 125 ft altitude. My fingers were cold, and with this distraction I forgot to hit the record button.
February in NY sucks for droning.
I just have to wait for a nice sunny calm day in the mid forties before I attempt to take her up again.
In the meantime I’ll just watch a bunch of Youtube Vids of my fellow Drown Pilots and hope for a speedy Spring to arrive.

Reactions: PS01
Bad idea to fly in crappy weather. I find battling the cold & wind so distracting, it makes for a dissatisfying flying experience.
Wanting to fly last Sunday, I braved mid 30ºF with 10 ~15 mph winds by the water. My eyes were watering so bad I couldn’t fly more than 400 ft at 125 ft altitude. My fingers were cold, and with this distraction I forgot to hit the record button.
I just have to wait for a nice sunny calm day in the mid forties before I attempt to take her up again.
In the meantime I’ll just watch a bunch of Youtube Vids of my fellow Drown Pilots and hope for a speedy Spring to arrive.
Ps.
This is good time though to scope out new locations for future flights.

Reactions: PS01

Bahaha I feel ya mate! I've done that several times forgetting to hit the record button, and forgetting to take off the lens protector! Too bad DJI drones aren't waterproof or weatherproof. Now I kinda wish next Mavics would be waterproof so it can handle rain. Downside is: it would be expensive.
Saaaame, it sucks here in February as well. Clouds rolling by suddenly it rains without warning. Yes me too, I'm wishing spring would come soon, or in here, the end of rainy season. So we can fly whenever we want. Besides, I love the colors when sunlight hits buildings, trees, rice fields, etc. During rainy season the sky's gloomy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929