DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extenders

ElkySS

Reactions
So there's a 100% chance that this voids the warranty, but have any of you ever used this?

Are you currently having range or interference issues ?

The MA already has a standard range of 6 miles in North America, the issue of going further is that you may not have the battery capacity to get back without modifications.
And if your wanting a stronger transmission signal, I'd say the OEM is more than enough.

Last edited:
In my area I'm luck if I can get 2000 ft (usually about 1600ft give or take) away before the video breaks up and signal drops to near 0. In all honesty that's probably plenty far for me. And I'm sure it would be better if I were out in the middle of nowhere. I was just looking at options and saw that. It looks a bit aggressive but the idea is strong.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
In my area I'm luck if I can get 2000 ft (usually about 1600ft give or take) away before the video breaks up and signal drops to near 0. In all honesty that's probably plenty far for me. And I'm sure it would be better if I were out in the middle of nowhere. I was just looking at options and saw that. It looks a bit aggressive but the idea is strong.

How high are you flying, you might get better signal if your higher above tree and buildings ?

Okay, I set on the patio with my controller and get about 2000 to 2500 feet without having to move from my drone flight desk (table and chair) that I set up for this. If I move out to the open it will do the advertised distance without to much issue but have noticed that temp will play a factor in the distance achieved. When the ambient temp is 90 degrees and above there tends to be signal degradation at the 2000 foot distance. At 65 to 75 ambient it will achieve the longer distance. Of course this is all theory. I always stay within VLOS.

I am usually right near the 400ft cap and sitting on my uncovered porch with the dogs. I'll go out and try moving further out into the yard. And yes it is hot here. Over 95F every day right now.

I'm curious about this too. I get about 1500m range now. I'd love to have twice :)
And I see it's available with and without a amplifier (and also different GHz for amplifiers..). Lots of options for someone who soes not know too much about the technical aspects.. :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adha