DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RAW only option coming?

Cammo

Reactions
Hey all, I've come from Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller to Mavic 3 with standard controller and there's no option for RAW photos only in the DJI Fly app. Is there a possibility this will be added in the next firmware update? It gets a bit frustrating having to select all the JPG's and delete them in LR every single time I do an import.

Reactions: ssvdh66
Hey all, I've come from Mavic 2 Pro with Smart Controller to Mavic 3 with standard controller and there's no option for RAW photos only in the DJI Fly app. Is there a possibility this will be added in the next firmware update? It gets a bit frustrating having to select all the JPG's and delete them in LR every single time I do an import.

There have been far too many users complaining about the lack of RAW-only options in DJI's official user forum (bbs.DJI.com). The moderator has acknowledged the issue, and communicated back to DJI's engineering team. Personally I think there is a decent chance to see it added to the future firmware update. I am just not sure if it is gonna be in the January update or not.

Last edited:
There have been far two many users complaining about the lack of RAW-only options in DJI's official user forum (bbs.DJI.com). The moderator has acknowledged the issue, and communicated back to DJI's engineering team. Personally I think there is a decent chance to see it added to the future firmware update. I am just not sure if it is gonna be in the January update or not.
Thanks for that info, really appreciated. Here’s hoping 🤞

As much as I doubt that DJI will release a "mid spec" controller for this with more functionality, I really hope that the unlikely event of DJI Go 4 compatibility for this drone happens.

Delete the jpeg files before importing into Adobe software. Use file explorer and delete the ones you do not want.

Reactions: Coskier
Delete the jpeg files before importing into Adobe software. Use file explorer and delete the ones you do not want.

The tele camera captures only JPEG files. Your strategy would not work, if one comes back with a mix of photos from both main and tele cameras.

The tele camera captures only JPEG files. Your strategy would not work, if one comes back with a mix of photos from both main and tele cameras.
If they were smart, they'd put the Tele camera photos in a different folder.

Or just enable RAW on the Tele camera. Even if they did so, they should have separate folders.

Wonder if they've lost some software engineers.

If they were smart, they'd put the Tele camera photos in a different folder.

Or just enable RAW on the Tele camera. Even if they did so, they should have separate folders.

Wonder if they've lost some software engineers.

I am pretty sure both RAWs and JPGs are stored in the same folder, for the current firmware. A dumb decision indeed.

Given how many features are missing at the moment, this does look like a rushed release.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone

DJI just released a new firmware update, for both Mavic 3 and DJI Fly app. The RAW only option is now enabled for main camera.

Mavic3_RawOnly.jpeg

Reactions: DebianDog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419