DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC antenna's ?

G Lee

Reactions
This things got my attention now. Watched a youtube and wondering where are the RC antenna,s. And does the RC pull a charge from Android devices?

I believe the problem has been the reverse.... that android devices get charged from the RC. :rolleyes:
Thankfully Its an option - by default android gets charged- i would disable it- what use is a charged phone and no controller battery? :rolleyes:
My old Phantom 3S used to do this - I always thought it was a hardware bug as affected Android but not apple.

On my mavic air I've been glad the controller charged the phone, as i could charge the controller whilst using it, but not the phone, so the way it worked made perfect sense to me.

I believe in the air 2 the antannae are inside the bit that slides out to hold your phone

I don’t think you’ll be able to stop charging in Android devices, it’s a requirement by Google’s protocol to keep current flowing so as to not disconnect. It would be really interesting if they got around that but i doubt it. For iPhones it should be just fine.

Thankfully Its an option - by default android gets charged- i would disable it- what use is a charged phone and no controller battery? :rolleyes:
My old Phantom 3S used to do this - I always thought it was a hardware bug as affected Android but not apple.

Should be an option in the app to turn off phone charging.

The large size of the controller holds a lot of battery(ies). Depending on your phone it could charge your phone several times (from 0%). So a couple flights won't do much to the controller charge.

This is true swooshdave. I didnt think that maybe the size of the RC is bigger so it would last longer even charging a device.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp