DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC controller

WNYBill

Reactions
I use a RC controller with my Mini 3pro. What other DJI drones will work with the RC controller without major modifications? Having so much fun with the Mini that I might want a bigger bird, but I am thrifty.

which leads to

It might have to swap firmwares when swapping drones and I am not sure if it will remember pairings but if any of the drones are covered by flyaway insurance then you would need to ensure that the controller is bound to the drone being flown and you might have to undo that binding to swap to another drone.

Binding/unbinding might require an internet connection.

Last edited:
The RC(1) works with the Mini 3, 3 Pro, Air 2S, and Mavic 3 series.

Switching between drones is easy, there's a selection panel that shows each drone the RC has been paired with. You select it there, then turn on the drone, and it connects.

No firmware swapping or anything is necessary, so long as everything – RC, drones, batteries – are up to date.

The RC2 works the same way, but of course supports different drones (M4P, A3).

The RC(1) works with the Mini 3, 3 Pro, Air 2S, and Mavic 3 series.

Switching between drones is easy, there's a selection panel that shows each drone the RC has been paired with. You select it there, then turn on the drone, and it connects.

No firmware swapping or anything is necessary, so long as everything – RC, drones, batteries – are up to date.

The RC2 works the same way, but of course supports different drones (M4P, A3).
When you switch drones, the controller does load the correct firmware for the new selection which takes less than a minute. For example if I have been flying with my Mini 3 Pro and I want to switch over to use my Mavic 3, the controller puts a message up on the screen that it is loading the firmware for that aircraft.

I switch back and forth between my Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro all the time. The only requirement is that both drones must be bound to the same controller.

Chris

head and shoulders better than the Air 2s?
There are Pros and Cons to both.
I am an Air 2S Owner and I use them in my business everyday. One of the Advantages of the Air 2s is that The Batteries used in that Drone are the cheapest Batteries DJI makes. ( besides tello batts lol)
You can buy them for 40 dollars or more used on Ebay. I have purchased hundreds of Batteries for my Air 2S and it has flown longer than I ever expected it to, So there's that.
The Mavic 3 is a sweet drone and technologically probably somewhat "better" BUT if it comes down to price You would be doing yourself a favor getting an Air2S.

Reactions: SparePartz
Next question? Is the Mavic 3 head and shoulders better than the Air 2s? Or is it just a better camera and longer flight time? The Air 2s is somewhat cheaper on the used market too. I am quite happy with the Mini 3 pro, just think I want a bigger bird.
An advantage of the Air 2S is that the SDK was released, so the drone can be flown with Litchi and other alternative softwares, making better mapping and waypoint flights available.

Reactions: Cafguy
An advantage of the Air 2S is that the SDK was released, so the drone can be flown with Litchi and other alternative softwares, making better mapping and waypoint flights available.

Although sadly it's Virtual Stick.

If you need the reliability of autonomous waypoints, the only choice for the DJI Fly drones are the Mini 4 Pro, Air 3, and Mavic 3.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n