DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC DISCONNECTED MINI2

Dizzy FInks

Reactions
From my city balcony, did this at least 10 times already this year, but tonight I lost connection YET I had never had such great flight conditions. Kp1. winds ok, remote ok and good angle pointed at the drone, batteries full... I mean, been there done that, all was fine as usual.

I climbed to 108 meters / 354 feet for the flight and thought manual panning would be appropriate for a homemade pano. I was almost done when the drone lost contact. No stream, no connection, and the not connected error message. So it just sat there above me and I started to prepare psychologically to grab it when the batteries ran out in 20 minutes and it would fall to my face... All out of nowhere and in the best condition and at my usual spot directly above the home. I find no explanation. And I'm actually so pissed off or more likely sad for my mini2 because this event made me lose all faith in DJI and wonder if I'll ever do it again. Maybe sell it all and skedaddle. I still have a lot of love for my drone but now I despise its parents. Oh, and I had 24 satellites connected... What else is needed FFS? I don't see how DJI could win me back. How would you feel if I held $600 from your hand and told you that you can trust me and I disappeared? #FML I turned the controller off and on again, despite fingers crossed and white knuckles! It slowly returned to movie mode while the controller was pointed in sport mode. So yeah all is well now but I'm hesitating for life support on this hobby now. I'm PTSD now! Half-kidding, seriously though...

From my city balcony, did this at least 10 times already this year, but tonight I lost connection YET I had never had such great flight conditions. Kp1. winds ok, remote ok and good angle pointed at the drone, batteries full... I mean, been there done that, all was fine as usual.

I climbed to 108 meters / 354 feet for the flight and thought manual panning would be appropriate for a homemade pano. I was almost done when the drone lost contact. No stream, no connection, and the not connected error message. So it just sat there above me and I started to prepare psychologically to grab it when the batteries ran out in 20 minutes and it would fall to my face... All out of nowhere and in the best condition and at my usual spot directly above the home. I find no explanation. And I'm actually so pissed off or more likely sad for my mini2 because this event made me lose all faith in DJI and wonder if I'll ever do it again. Maybe sell it all and skedaddle. I still have a lot of love for my drone but now I despise its parents. Oh, and I had 24 satellites connected... What else is needed FFS? I don't see how DJI could win me back. How would you feel if I held $600 from your hand and told you that you can trust me and I disappeared? #FML I turned the controller off and on again, despite fingers crossed and white knuckles! It slowly returned to movie mode while the controller was pointed in sport mode. So yeah all is well now but I'm hesitating for life support on this hobby now. I'm PTSD now! Half-kidding, seriously though...
Why it would fall to your face? Did you set "Signal Lost" to hover or descend instead of RTH?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure