DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro - long exposure photos

ddublu

Reactions
I take a fair amount of long exposure shots. With the RC Pro + Mavic 3, I can't get the screen to reflect what I SHOULD be seeing on the screen correctly. Have to think there is something I am missing. Shooting full manual (I've set shutter, ISO, f-stop) yet a 4-6 second exposure still shows almost total darkness on the screen. It was about 30 mins after sunset and even switching to full Auto mode doesn't brighten the screen and only lets it go up to 2 seconds. It's not a screen brightness setting, either.

Has anyone experienced this?

I take a fair amount of long exposure shots. With the RC Pro + Mavic 3, I can't get the screen to reflect what I SHOULD be seeing on the screen correctly. Have to think there is something I am missing. Shooting full manual (I've set shutter, ISO, f-stop) yet a 4-6 second exposure still shows almost total darkness on the screen. It was about 30 mins after sunset and even switching to full Auto mode doesn't brighten the screen and only lets it go up to 2 seconds. It's not a screen brightness setting, either.

Has anyone experienced this?
The live view isn’t going to be able to reflect 4-6 second exposures. The live view can’t expose the sensor for that long and still give you a live view or else you’d only get an updated image every 4-6 seconds. It can increase the gain (ISO) to try to approximate the exposure but there’s only so much gain to give.

Reactions: fiddlepilot
Do you keep your histogram on your screen? If not, do that. Helps a ton.

Reactions: ninjafingers
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121