DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Specs

z28lt1

Reactions
I looked around before I purchased and could not find any real specs on the RC-Pro. Only thing that was available on review sites was the same marketing speak DJI pusblishes "DJI RC Pro is equipped with the latest-generation processor, offering stronger performance and lower power consumption. This results in 4x improved CPU performance, 7x improved GPU performance, and 20% lower power consumption over its predecessor."

So I got one, and figured it out myself. Seems like DJI learned their lesson as the Rockchip RK3399 in the Smart Controller was probably best considered a mid-range chip for its time, and by the time the smart controller was release the chip was over a year old to begin with.

Happy to report that the RC PRo seems to have the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SOC. It (like the Smart Controler's chip) is two years old by now, but it was the top of the line Android chip when released. In a bunch of phones, most notably the Galaxy S20 series.

The RK3399 wasn't really a great "phone" chip, as it was used in things like Android TVs and such as it was an efficient process with some really strong video processing capabilities. That's why the Smart Controller was a very good Drone controller, but less good for those trying to add apps and such and use it as a tablet/phone replacement. The RC Pro should be able to handle side apps and such better. Of course, the probably with all of these types of things will be that in a few years, that chip will be old as well, but at least it is starting at a better point with a more robust architecture to beg with.

I put this together for those wondering.
1641594082492.png

DJI states both batteries are 5000 Mah, and I'm sure that is correct, but interestingly enough, my Smart Controller shows up at 6700 in AnTuTu and the RC Pro shows up at 3550, but I've seen other inaccurate things in there, so I'd go with DJI numbers.

Glad it’s got more storage, I’ve had to delete apps when updating the SC because they say there isn’t enough storage.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS