DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re-Linking RC Pro with different M3 and M3P A/C

lomposlapos

Reactions
I am regularly flying 2 M3 and 2 M3P with one RC Pro.

Every time I am switching A/C, the RC Pro unable to automatically establish link with an already flown A/C, and says "Unable to connect to aircraft?".

I have to do a manual linking. What I am doing wrong? ...or is this the norm?

Every time I am switching A/C, the RC Pro unable to automatically establish link with an already flown A/C, and says "Unable to connect to aircraft?".

Yes for sure; every time I switch across using the RC Pro, I have to use the Connection Guide, choose my aircraft model, that's it. Not sure what you mean by "manual linking." Maybe it has something to do with having more than 1 of a certain model (I am using (1) Mavic3Pro and (1) Mini3Pro).

Yes for sure; every time I switch across using the RC Pro, I have to use the Connection Guide, choose my aircraft model, that's it. Not sure what you mean by "manual linking." Maybe it has something to do with having more than 1 of a certain model (I am using (1) Mavic3Pro and (1) Mini3Pro).
Is there not a buttom sequence on the controller that puts it into linking mode? 7

One thing I am wondering about is, do the OP's drones require differing firmware to be running on the controller?

Is there not a buttom sequence on the controller that puts it into linking mode? 7

One thing I am wondering about is, do the OP's drones require differing firmware to be running on the controller?
Once you link the drones, there's no more linking to be done. You just switch back and forth between the drones by selecting your drone model from the screen. That's how mine is currently working. Only the one firmware on the controller can handle all the drones types and their various firmwares (esp if they are up to date with the latest).

I do recall having the press and hold the button to link to the controller but that appears to be a one time even and I haven't had to repeat it lately.

If you are getting the 'unable to connect to aircraft message' you likely have to re-bind the controller to the drone you are trying to fly with. You can link to the drone but can only fly 5 times then you will have to bind it to your RC Pro. When you switch to another drone of the same type you again will be able to link it to the controller and fly 5 times then you will have to bind it to fly any more than that.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Forgot to ask, when you are told unable to connect and you go to manual linking, are you able to connect at that point?

You should not be asked to keep going thru the manual linking process.

Oh, also do you get the "unable to connect to aircraft" message *after* you select your aircraft model....or before?

Is there anything else connecting to those drones in the meantime that could interrupt the normal process like linking goggles or a different remote?

If you are getting the 'unable to connect to aircraft message' you likely have to re-bind the controller to the drone you are trying to fly with. You can link to the drone but can only fly 5 times then you will have to bind it to your RC Pro. When you switch to another drone of the same type you again will be able to link it to the controller and fly 5 times then you will have to bind it to fly any more than that.

Hope this helps.

Chris
That's possible, I didn't see anything mentioned about care refresh. I have care refresh on both of my drones and the binding piece doesn't seem to interfere with the ability to automatically connect. Perhaps the OP is using different DJI accounts?

If there is Care Refresh on any of the drones the OP has, then they will have to be bound to the controller (not linked) otherwise the Fly-Away coverage will not be active. Fly-Away coverage is only active on the bound controller.

Chris

I think the issue is having 2 of each of the same model.
Yes, that is why I mentioned above that the OP would have to either re-link or re-bind to the controller each time she/he switched to an aircraft of the same model as the controller can only be bound to one aircraft of the same model. I don't have two aircraft of the same model so can't test this so if this is not the case hopefully someone who does will correct me if I am wrong.

Chris

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne