DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Re: snitch?

zpdana

Reactions
I ran across a production company that uses and makes money obviously commercially off a DJI Inspire 1...they're local here in Jackson, ms.! I've been in contact closely with his best friend who know the steps and **** I went through to get legal with my part 107...

Come to find out...no one...no one, not one has a part 107 license to fly for profit...they're an established (newly and barely) production company...

They've been operating even with C Spire here in town and others but......I feel slighted following the rules and legalities to know a company just said....**** it, well do it under the radar..

I went through allot of mental anguish and and money to become compliant with laws.

They are competition...but I'd never ever ever snitch on another but...this brings it into question for me seriously....quite seriously. They're flying over populations. School children, etc..

Any thoughts y'all??

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly, as much as it sucks, you should try to educate and inform people like this.

Should you try that, and find they aren't receptive and are flying unsafely, please do report them. It's one thing to be friendly and not be a ****, it's another to have no standards at all.

I always try to avoid bringing "the man" into other people's lives.

you don't get ahead in life by dragging others down.

Besides, part 107 exam is stupid. It's not like it actually makes any of us better pilots, it's just more useless regulation. Who cares about the proper names of clouds, or the legalities of registering a drone in two countries, or what elevation is the floor of class a airspace?

It would be different if he was engaged in dangerous activities that were likely to harm others.

I agree that the regulations are overbearing and some of them are not necessary but I did benefit from getting my part 107, I am definitely more responsible because of it. Do I need to know about weather or how to understand METAR's and TAF's ? No. Is an understanding of airspace important? Yes. In the end its required, I don't entirely agree with it but at least I can say I have met the minimum requirements. It sucks that others don't play by the rules but what are you supposed to do? I'm sure they are aware of the risk and they are willing to make that gamble. I wasn't, plus they cant get insured and you and I can. I wouldn't snitch them off, no way, That's what the government wants you to do. If they are raping babies or selling dope to school kids that's one thing but they are just trying to make a buck with a video camera. You need to offer your customers something that they cant. Just outsmart them don't screw them.

Pfff.... I remember people like you from school, the ones that would snitch on someone for cheat in a test. Why? Because they think they will benefit by dragging other people down? They don't and never will. It could also be that they can't stand to see someone succeed or get higher scores than themselfs. (If that someone deserved it or not is completely irrelevant here)

It's a ****** mindset to have. Everyone hated theese people then... And everyone hates that people still.

Just mind your own and do your part in life according to what feel is right for yourself. You are not other people conscious and if you can't make your business without dirty tricks like snitching, you won't succeed anyway..... No one has it all figured out, and you might be the one who will be reported one day for something you decided to oversee and look the other way in your own life or business or whatever.

Just don't be that guy, if you can't see why you shouldn't, just think of it as you're doing it for yourself so everyone doesn't hate you. [emoji23]

Just to clarify....I NEVER said I was, would, or will snitch.

Karma. What goes around comes around...

Never told in school, never told on buddies in a car with beer underage, just me I used to be the juvenile delinquent.

Just wanted thoughts...and I agree a lot of the 107 cert is knowledge we don't need to know, a lot is. It helps though for sure. But I do like sounding professional using sUAS new vocab, acronyms and just "speaking the language."

Cheers y'all!!

Last edited:

Besides, part 107 exam is stupid. It's not like it actually makes any of us better pilots, it's just more useless regulation. Who cares about the proper names of clouds, or the legalities of registering a drone in two countries, or what elevation is the floor of class a airspace?

It would be different if he was engaged in dangerous activities that were likely to harm others.

Agree man, but like I said he was and continually practicing in unsafe/dangerous and illegal operations. Flying over soccer games, football practices, and live events, and a music festival.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamDastard

VERY much agree with this guy.

The Part 107 is ridiculous to begin with.

Pfff.... I remember people like you from school, the ones that would snitch on someone for cheat in a test. Why? Because they think they will benefit by dragging other people down? They don't and never will. It could also be that they can't stand to see someone succeed or get higher scores than themselfs. (If that someone deserved it or not is completely irrelevant here)

It's a ****** mindset to have. Everyone hated theese people then... And everyone hates that people still.

Just mind your own and do your part in life according to what feel is right for yourself. You are not other people conscious and if you can't make your business without dirty tricks like snitching, you won't succeed anyway..... No one has it all figured out, and you might be the one who will be reported one day for something you decided to oversee and look the other way in your own life or business or whatever.

Just don't be that guy, if you can't see why you shouldn't, just think of it as you're doing it for yourself so everyone doesn't hate you. [emoji23]
Hold up... This is like saying if you see a cab driver without a license you shouldn't worry about it. More than that, every time someone doesn't follow the regulations, they crack down more.

I would try to talk to them. It sounds like the OP knows them if they know no one in the organization has their 107, so a conversation would be a good first step. If they are dismissive and still flying dangerously (over school children, etc.) then you should report them.

Protect the public and our hobby!

Reactions: zpdana
I like how a lot of people are complaining about the licesnse, its a requirement because people were doing stupid stuff and now you have to have a licesnse. Deal with it, its not going away.

sure the weather stuff isn't too important, until you have to drive 300 miles and fly, and need to know the weather. Plus knowledge of airspace is really helpful and how planes operate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31