DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reached “max” height in Central MA

MassCoyote

Reactions
Set my Mavic Mini to 391.7’ limit to stay under the FAA limit of 400’. Got the nerve the other day to race up, snap a couple photos and get down. As someone with less than than 24 flights under my belt, I like to keep it low and close.
0DD91611-120E-4249-8B6E-190898B3E249.jpeg

Nice. Probably a good thing to be cautious flying 400ft regularly with the Mini as it's not the greatest in strong winds, and at 400ft the winds can be deceptively strong!

Reactions: MassCoyote
Good for you... as I tell new pilots when you get the itch.... TEST THE WATERS, in our case...ITS AIR.... I'm not a new pilot but i test the air when i fly the Mini. I never fly to a height without knowing the facts.... Is it windy ground LEVEL? If yes....its Probably much windier at higher altitude. If NO..... and I want to fly up to 400 ft , I fly in increments maybe at 50 to 75 foot increments hover watch your minis distance on your remote... if you see it get larger or smaller without touching the sticks..... THINK.....should you bring it down or go HIGHER? Me personally, I would come down until I dont see the Distance numbers change without touching the sticks.... I will finish in a bit my batts are dying, at 2% BRB....

Ok now, I'm back.....I just want to end this on a good note, I never flew the Mavic Mini up to 400 feet. Why....? never had a reason to... Fly your Magic safely and practice flying in the wind if you want to prepare yourself in case of....you know in case of.....

Last edited:
Set my Mavic Mini to 391.7’ limit to stay under the FAA limit of 400’. Got the nerve the other day to race up, snap a couple photos and get down. As someone with less than than 24 flights under my belt, I like to keep it low and close.
View attachment 102509
Very nice. I know the feeling. Coming out of "Beginner Mode" on my MA was a bit nerve wracking. That was a few weeks ago and I'm still pretty cautious when I'm airborne. I haven't extended any of my flights more that about a 1,000ft horizontally and I normally max out at about 150-200ft altitude. I just don't have a reason, yet, to regularly go up to 400ft. Stay safe and happy flying!

My flights are usually kept below 175’ and I always check UAV Forecast App before going out. As a person with physical disabilities, I don’t take too many chances because I cannot go running after a lost/crashed drone. Just enjoying the hobby and a good excuse to get outside.

C5389F94-80AB-4124-8C2C-E9ABACDED58D.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78