Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Real world SAR

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
One of the DSAR members posted this in the DSAR section of CommericalDronePilots and gave permission to share it ...

Calhoun County Sheriff's Office
Deputies were out late last night working to rescue a man that had gotten lost in a wooded area near his home in the Mt. Olive community. The man was eventually located by one of our drone pilots and safely recovered by our Emergency Services Team. We are thankful and relieved to have the man back safely home with his family.

The DSAR member found him ...

I got called out to find a man lost in the woods behind his house last night in Ohatchee, AL. I flew from about 11:00 pm until 12:30 am. I found him on my first battery, about 10 minutes into the search. The woods were so thick I was on my 4th battery before we got him out of the woods. I had to guide our Emergency Services Team in to him and then back out. The man was ok and didn’t require any medical services. I was flying my Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual with the spotlight attachment. I also flew under my § 107.29 – Daylight Operations waiver.

Would be nice to see some video. :)

Would be nice to see some video. :)

I asked him about video. His response,

"There is some. It doesn’t show much. Every tree was a hot spot but with the flir MSX I could see his cell phone. He was next to a tree and hard to spot."

I asked him to send me some video to post on our DSAR youtube channel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flykaktusss