DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recent desert/mountain trip

Ray Dunakin

Reactions
Sunday night I drove out to the desert again for another brief overnight campout and a chance to get some more practice with my Mavic Pro camera drone. It's going to take me a while to get the video footage edited, but in the meantime here are some stills...

Some aerial photos of my campsite:

DJI_0086c.jpg

DJI_0089.jpg

On the trail:

DJI_0100.jpg

DJI_0103c.jpg

This part of the desert has an isolated stretch of old Highway 80 that was cut off and abandoned when the freeway was built:

DJI_0109.jpg

DJI_0113.jpg

Crash-landed my drone on some rocks, when a call came in on my phone during a crucial moment and interrupted the landing. I have to remember to switch my phone to "Do Not Disturb" mode when flying the drone. Surprisingly, the Mavic survived with only a few tiny scuffs on the blades:

IMG_2598c.jpg

After leaving the desert, I made a couple stops in the mountains to do some more flying. First stop was to get aerial shots of a pair of long, tall freeway bridges crossing a scenic valley:

DJI_0142c.jpg

Also got some aerial shots of forests and meadows:

DJI_0154c.jpg

And here's me and Megaweapon, in a shot taken with the Mavic:

DJI_0160c.jpg

Fun time, looks like. Thanks for sharing. You will love having some ND filters on that lens. They will bring down those highlights considerably.

Thanks for sharing Ray. What state are you in?

Cool. I just got back from the Lone Pine area. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime. I'm in NorCal though.

I just finished editing and posting the first video from last week's trip. This one features scenes from the mountains east of San Diego. As always, I welcome any advice or suggestions for improving my videos.

Here's another one from last week's trip, featuring my 4Runner "Megaweapon" exploring trails and an abandoned road, in a boulder-filled desert landscape. Watch for the jackrabbit at 0:35!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf