DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recording audio on a Mavic 3

3rdof5

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Greetings Pilots,
I'm looking for a small audio recorder that I can attach to my Mavic 3.
The reason I ask is, now that I can fly with Goggles FPV, when you are flying you are basically in the aircraft, and a screen recording video of an FPV flight would be cool if you could hear the aircraft as if you were inside piloting it.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
There is actually quite a few available.
I will research more and see if there is one with stereo mics, that would be sweet.

Reactions: MA2 317
I'm just being a wise guy here. but wouldn't you get the same result recording the
drone's prop noise from 1 foot away and playing it back as you fly? Seems to me, any
audio recording from the drone in flight would be mostly prop noise. BZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
my thoughts exactly, but I guess you wouldn't hear the different levels of BZZZZZZZ from prop speed.

I'm just being a wise guy here. but wouldn't you get the same result recording the
drone's prop noise from 1 foot away and playing it back as you fly? Seems to me, any
audio recording from the drone in flight would be mostly prop noise. BZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
Lol, yes but that's what you hear when you are flying a fixed wing plane, the buzz of the engines, and the pitch change as you make different maneuvers, which is exactly what I'd want in the video. My thoughts are, if you want to fully portray a first person experience from the cockpit then you need the audio as well.

Add a 360 or other type of auxilary cameara . We mount them all.

I use the GoPro and Insta series . Great audio.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
There is a recording device you can add to your controller so you can dictate your thoughts as you fly, point out things on the ground, etc. A week or so ago I was flying in a park area and someone was flying an FPV drone there as well. Listening to it screech overhead repeatedly was annoying. To me the sound is the equivalent of being in the dentist's office and listening to him drill your tooth. I know, different strokes for different folks. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Torque
Mounting a small Action Camera is your best bet. I haven't tried it on my Mavic 3, but, I have used them numerous times on my Mavic Air 2, Mavic Pro, and, others. As long as you get a good mount, then the rest is a piece of cake.
Just remember, the Drone's Flight Dynamics will change with the added weight, and height, from adding an external device.
Also, try not to place it on top of the Drone's GPS Module, as it could cause interference.
Hope this helps.

Lol, yes but that's what you hear when you are flying a fixed wing plane, the buzz of the engines, and the pitch change as you make different maneuvers, which is exactly what I'd want in the video. My thoughts are, if you want to fully portray a first person experience from the cockpit then you need the audio as well.
Consider picking up a used DJI FPV. It has a built-in mic and records actual audio. The pitch changes could never be simulated after the fact... it's pretty cool.

Now that you've got the FPV bug, you need to get an FPV or Avata. What's thrilling you with the Mini3P will thrill you 10x as much. And since DJI fpv drones have N/S modes and all the GPS/VPS features of the camera drones, the transition is easy.

Consider picking up a used DJI FPV. It has a built-in mic and records actual audio. The pitch changes could never be simulated after the fact... it's pretty cool.

Now that you've got the FPV bug, you need to get an FPV or Avata. What's thrilling you with the Mini3P will thrill you 10x as much. And since DJI fpv drones have N/S modes and all the GPS/VPS features of the camera drones, the transition is easy.
Actually I dont have the mini 3 Pro. I can only fly my Mavic 3 Classic FPV and that is alot of fun.

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1