DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recovery in Houston?

GreenB

Reactions
I was flying my mini 2 at memorial park when unfortunately I clipped a tree and got stuck on a branch that's at least 80ft high. I know the tree location and it's clear, I just can't reach it. Is it worth going after with a drone recovery (a different drone with a hook)? If so, does anyone here do this or know someone that does? I don't have any friends with drones that can help :(

Hello from the Crossroads of America GreenB.

Bummer about your mini.

You might call a tree company in your area and see if they will rescue a drone from a tree for a small fee?

They have poles, slingshots, and bucket trucks to get to the high places.

You could try your casting skills with a fishing pole and some lead sinkers attached.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

i am in the Houston area. not sure how a hook would work and i think there is a chance of getting the hook and hence a second drone stuck in the tree. thoughts?

I am in the Houston area and live and fly near Memorial Park often.Because of the number of trees there it is probably cheaper to buy a new one than get a commercial company to try and retrieve it

Reactions: MA2 317
As said, the hook can hook the other drone. Is there a possibility of using the other drone to drape a nylon cord over the branch bring the other drone back to the ground, now shake the fool out of the limb.

All good thoughts and yeah, I don't want to get another drone stuck so draping a fishing line over the branch would be best. Also, if I could just get a photo of what it looks like on the branch (too far for my eyes) I can formulate a strategy based on that

Also, if I could just get a photo of what it looks like on the branch (too far for my eyes) I can formulate a strategy based on that.

Do you have a pair of binoculars or a spotting scope handy to help in the strategy of recovery?

Years ago I purchased a laser range finder to help measure distance as I'm looking at something.

Popular with hunters and golfers that should be available at a local sports shop.

Something like this.

Heck, they probably have the ability to take photos with the data on the screen by now. ?

Any chance some one can take a look and confirm location for me? I have a drone-free recovery idea (read: slingshot and fishing line) but would be nice to confirm location. It's literally the tallest tree in that area so should be easy to spot of it's on the branch I think it's on.

Greetings! Thanks for sharing! Best of luck to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929