DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red bar across top and bottom of Fly app during flight

ric3224

Reactions
Hi all, I was flying off on top of the mountain in straight line fashion at 4m height from take off point, half way through the flight in flying forward, the Fly app shows red bar across the top and bottom of the camera view with a single pulse vibration from the RC. I not sure what it happened as there is no warning, and although flying at 4m height, its height from the valley below is more than 60m at least and no obstruction is possible.

I panic and eased off the forward throttle and send the MA2 home after the unknown warning. I checked my distant limit yet it was still well within distant limit.

I was curious why it happen? What those red bars on the top and bottom of the camera view show up simultaneously mean? Anyone here able to shed some light? Thanks!

Are they your sensors showing obstruction? I get yellow to red bars across phone view for Mavic Air 2 depending on how near I am to obstacles.
Barrie UK

Yes, as noted, those bars across the top are the front (top) and rear (bottom) sensors. People have noted that flying into the sun may trigger the sensors, not sure if that was the case here.

Yes, as noted, those bars across the top are the front (top) and rear (bottom) sensors. People have noted that flying into the sun may trigger the sensors, not sure if that was the case here.

You may be right here as I was flying in the direction of the sun. At some point the red bar show up, but the drone was at such height where there are no possible of obstacles. Also when the red bar shows up, there were no other warning message, just a beep vibration from the RC.

Hi all, I was flying off on top of the mountain in straight line fashion at 4m height from take off point, half way through the flight in flying forward, the Fly app shows red bar across the top and bottom of the camera view with a single pulse vibration from the RC. I not sure what it happened as there is no warning, and although flying at 4m height, its height from the valley below is more than 60m at least and no obstruction is possible.

I panic and eased off the forward throttle and send the MA2 home after the unknown warning. I checked my distant limit yet it was still well within distant limit.

I was curious why it happen? What those red bars on the top and bottom of the camera view show up simultaneously mean? Anyone here able to shed some light? Thanks!
They are supposed to indicate obstructions approaching the front and rear corner sensors. Send a direct enquiry to DJI. Worth clarifying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111