DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Refurbished mavic air 2

Highly unlikely that legitimate DJI refurb M2A's are currently available for less than retail this early after release. DJI doesn't really repair aircraft any more. They supply a repair invoice, and after payment, they replace the damaged original with a brand new aircraft unit in a plain black box, labeled as a refurb. Towards end of the life of the product, remaining leftover refurb units may be available for sale at a discount in a retail box.

What they might be is customer returns for example Drone arrives with customer they don't like it and return it, so that drone can't be sold as new
That’s pretty close to, and aligns with, the description of what DJI always officially claimed to be “refurbished”. Returns that passed a series of prescribed tests.

What they might be is customer returns for example Drone arrives with customer they don't like it and return it, so that drone can't be sold as new

This happens frequently with cell phones, my sister works at a cellphone kiosk in a busy mall. When I want a new phone, I tell her what I'm interested in getting, and when a return comes in, she lets me know, and the cost is usually 30% less than a new phone, for a couple of days use. She deletes the information on it for me, sets it up and mails it to me. I get phones for my daughter, girlfriend, friends, and employees the same way. They arrive unlocked, and in like new condition.

Highly unlikely that legitimate DJI refurb M2A's are currently available for less than retail this early after release. DJI doesn't really repair aircraft any more. They supply a repair invoice, and after payment, they replace the damaged original with a brand new aircraft unit in a plain black box, labeled as a refurb. Towards end of the life of the product, remaining leftover refurb units may be available for sale at a discount in a retail box.
That’s really good information to know. Thanks.

I may sell my Drones because laws are so strict a drone is a waste of money. Ill use the money to buy an M4 Carbine instead. More useful and more places to use it these days in NJ.
So disappointing.

I may sell my Drones because laws are so strict a drone is a waste of money. Ill use the money to buy an M4 Carbine instead. More useful and more places to use it these days in NJ.
So disappointing.
Well you are currently old enough to operate a drone without adult supervision, you have a couple of years until you meet the minimum age requirement for a firearm though.

If you think about both and the potential consequence of not using responsibly you may struggle to appreciate what it is you think needs complaining about.

This is what happen with me. I had a power up issue with my MA2, and the AC went back for warranty repair. They diagnosed the issue to be the Aircraft Main Board. Instead of repairing the unit, they simply sent me a completely new one, even though the repair status went through the "repair, testing, and QC phase".

Reactions: GadgetGuy
This is what happen with me. I had a power up issue with my MA2, and the AC went back for warranty repair. They diagnosed the issue to be the Aircraft Main Board. Instead of repairing the unit, they simply sent me a completely new one, even though the repair status went through the "repair, testing, and QC phase".
It's been that way now for several years. It's cheaper for them, at their cost, and far faster, to just completely replace it with a new one, than to actually repair the old one. The old one can then be just scrapped, or sold off to independent repair facilities for needed parts. They won't even accept a camera for repair without an aircraft, because they don't have a process to do so. They need a camera and an aircraft so they can send you a new aircraft with a new camera, all the while, pretending that they will just repair the camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosswired
I bought one from DJI directly. It came from China and t hey sent it in a box that looks new. This wasnt a second thought item that somebody opened and returnt right away. The box arrived looking just like a retail box.
679 vs 799 makes a difference. No taxes no shipping costs.
Now I want a mini2 but the refurbished unit is only available on US retailer websites+tax.
New vs Refurbished is a $30.00 question....

Iwont wait for a mini 3, it will be close to $550.00 , way too much.
Same thing with new mobile phones, way too much for a nice camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61