DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller connection error

Steve29

Reactions
Gday. My Mavic Pro is brand new, my first flight was yesterday and second today. Yesterday I had a remote controller connection error 5min into the flight. I turned the mavic off and back on and the rest of the flight was fine.
Today it did the same thing but this time the connection turned on and off 4 times in the space of 1min, after that it was fine.
I am using a galaxy S9 plus.
Would anyone know what the problem could be, like could it be the Cable from the remote to my phone?
I am a experienced flyer but with the phantom series so flying the drone with out video feed is no problem but I'm concerned there may be a problem with the controller or cable.

If you are still able to control the drone with the sticks on the controller, then that would indicate that there is most likely to be a connection problem in the cable between your phone and the RC controller. Unplug the cable from the side of the controller, and use your device charging cable from the USB 2.0 port in the base of the controller. That's a simple way to check for a cable issue (but note, you do have to have the side cable unplugged to do this!).

Reactions: windluv and Steve29
If you are still able to control the drone with the sticks on the controller, then that would indicate that there is most likely to be a connection problem in the cable between your phone and the RC controller. Unplug the cable from the side of the controller, and use your device charging cable from the USB 2.0 port in the base of the controller. That's a simple way to check for a cable issue (but note, you do have to have the side cable unplugged to do this!).
I took a screenshot when it happened. I was thinking of trying that and was going to see if using my mates iPhone has the same problem. I'll try tomorrow afternoon when I finish work and I'll let you know how it goes.
I appreciate your quick response.Screenshot_20181113-164904.jpeg

Looks like it's the cable I got with the mavic. I used my phone charger USB and plugged it into the usb2.0 on the controller and didn't have any problems [emoji106]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson