DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote-Controller Image Hash and Delays at 60 fps -- Why?

jclarkw

Reactions
Mavic Air 2 and standard remote connected to LG G6 mobile running DJI Fly 1.2.1: Previously I had used 4K 30 fps video with no problems but then switched up to 60 fps to check that out. Worked OK at first, but after a minute or two of flight, the mobile camera image became jumpy, garbled, and when recognizable, quite delayed. This seemed to be true whether or not I was actually recording the video. Difficult to fly when you can't see where you're going!

I switched back to 30 fps, and the problems went away immediately. Anybody know what's going on and how to get usable 60 fps videos?

[Possibly relevant information: Video format MP4, Color - Normal, Coding format H265 (no idea what that means, but I didn't change it), Anti-Flicker - Auto (no idea what that means, but I didn't change it), Storage - SD Card, Max Video Cache Capacity - 16 GB (no idea what that means).]

Thanks for any assistance -- jclarkw

I'm sure I read somebody here raving about the 60 fps 4k video capability of the MA2, though I can't find it now. Is anyone successfully doing this (without sacrificing ability to navigate on the remote "mobile device")? If so, please post and describe any "tricks" used. -- jclarkw

I'm sure I read somebody here raving about the 60 fps 4k video capability of the MA2, though I can't find it now. Is anyone successfully doing this (without sacrificing ability to navigate on the remote "mobile device")? If so, please post and describe any "tricks" used. -- jclarkw
i nearly always film in 4k 60 H265,i use ipad mini 5th gen smooth as butter tested out to over 6km no screen issues at all.could be the LG

the trick is to use a quality, capable mobile device.
yes i agree works fine with my samsung S20 FE 5G ok as well .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato