DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller to Android Device Charging

blackbirdsr72

Reactions
Is there any possible way to disable or stop the Air 2S remote to charge my android device? I know iOS has this feature but what about Android? Any workaround? I always charge my android to 100% before each flight but being a 2K resolution display smartphone, it absorbs a lot from the RC. Thanks for any help.

There is a magnifying glass symbol up at the top right of the webpage. If you click on that symbol it will open a search window. If you type a relevant search in there .e.g. the title of this thread I think you will find numerous threads on the subject.

Just as a matter of interest, how many fully-charged drone-battery flights are you getting for one charge of the controller battery? I saw mention of 6hrs worth if not charging the screen device and somewhere 4hrs worth if charging the screen device

From the manual ". The built-in battery has a capacity of 5200 mAh and a maximum run time of 6 hours. The remote controller charges the mobile device with a charging ability of 500 mA@5V. "

From DJI Air 2S - Specs - DJI " Battery Life 6 hours (4 hours when charging a mobile device)"

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a magnifying glass symbol up at the top right of the webpage. If you click on that symbol it will open a search window. If you type a relevant search in there .e.g. the title of this thread I think you will find numerous threads on the subject.

Just as a matter of interest, how many fully-charged drone-battery flights are you getting for one charge of the controller battery? I saw mention of 6hrs worth if not charging the screen device and somewhere 4hrs worth if charging the screen device

From the manual ". The built-in battery has a capacity of 5200 mAh and a maximum run time of 6 hours. The remote controller charges the mobile device with a charging ability of 500 mA@5V. "

From DJI Air 2S - Specs - DJI " Battery Life 6 hours (4 hours when charging a mobile device)"
Around 3hr+

There is no easy way to disable that with an Android device. Supposedly, the android system needs to see a small amount of voltage on that port to "enable it" .
There are modified cables or root of the device but not worth the effort.
You will have no trouble flying through at least 4-5 batteries/flights (normal time of use unless doing surveying, etc) before you have to worry about the controller's battery level.
If using the controller for much longer than that, you could connect a portable USB power bank to the bottom charging port while flying to have the controller charging as well.
If I am using my phone or tablet with the standard controller for any length of time (I primarily use the Smart Controller) I set them to disable "fast charging" to keep that charging to a minimum and cut down on the heat caused when charging.

There is no easy way to disable that with an Android device. Supposedly, the android system needs to see a small amount of voltage on that port to "enable it" .
There are modified cables or root of the device but not worth the effort.
You will have no trouble flying through at least 4-5 batteries/flights (normal time of use unless doing surveying, etc) before you have to worry about the controller's battery level.
If using the controller for much longer than that, you could connect a portable USB power bank to the bottom charging port while flying to have the controller charging as well.
If I am using my phone or tablet with the standard controller for any length of time (I primarily use the Smart Controller) I set them to disable "fast charging" to keep that charging to a minimum and cut down on the heat caused when charging.
Thanks for your input. Not all Android has the feature to turn off fast charging, especially old ones like mine.
I think DJI removed the charging On-Off feature from the iOS as well in the recent v1.4.8?

Thanks for your input. Not all Android has the feature to turn off fast charging, especially old ones like mine.
I think DJI removed the charging On-Off feature from the iOS as well in the recent v1.4.8?
Well, I believe it is the opposite, DJI re-enabled to option to not charge because the charging was causing a lot of the IPhones to overheat while flying. I think 1.4.8 re-enabled that switching option but it could've been a release just before that one...But yeah they did remove the option to switch for IOS somewhere in the recent past, briefly...lol.
I, personally would like the option to switch it on or off using Android but I guess it can't be done

Well, I believe it is the opposite, DJI re-enabled to option to not charge because the charging was causing a lot of the IPhones to overheat while flying. I think 1.4.8 re-enabled that switching option but it could've been a release just before that one...But yeah they did remove the option to switch for IOS somewhere in the recent past, briefly...lol.
I, personally would like the option to switch it on or off using Android but I guess it can't be done
Very strange!! I talked to a DJI rep online just yesterday and he confirmed that the option is not there for iOS. This is literally the only determining factor for me to go for an iPad or not

Thanks for the video. Does it work for the A2S? This video seems 4 years old with a different USB type (Type A to MicroUSB) cable.
Not sure. Only remember seeing the video. I know guys on the Autel forum have the same problem and they are making some kind of blocker with a resistor.

Not sure. Only remember seeing the video. I know guys on the Autel forum have the same problem and they are making some kind of blocker with a resistondroid implemented AOA protocol

Its a long post but some wheres near the end of it they get into making the cables and blockers.
Thank You! I have no problem reading long essays so I am gonna dive right in ? Appreciate you taking the time and find this ?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007