DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote controller will not link with MA2 or Mini 2

Skipper1

Reactions
I have the MA2 and the Mini 2. This evening I did a firmware update on the MA2. Now, the controller that came with the MA2 will not link to the MA2 Drone or the Mini2. The new controller that came with the Mini 2 will link to both drones. Anyone have this problem or know what the problem is?

You need to make sure you have the DJI Fly app 1.2.1 installed and re apply the firmware. If does not prompt to install, use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and do it manually.

Where do you see what DJI Fly app you have? I have deleted the app twice and reinstalled it twice so I assume I have the current version.
Since I am unable to connect to either drone I guess downloading the DJI Assistant for MA2 is the only way to reinstall.
Thanks for your help, I’ll give that a try.

Reactions: zeusfl
You need to make sure you have the DJI Fly app 1.2.1 installed and re apply the firmware. If does not prompt to install, use the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and do it manually.

Thank you, that worked. I finally connected to MA2 and Mini 2. I have been fiddling with this all evening, too easy.

Reactions: Thomas B
Your can see the app version in the "about" section of the app or, as I discovered a couple of days ago, in the details of the app in the phone's settings menu (Android). ]

Ok, I have the correct app version. New problem. When I turn off MA2 then turn off controller it reverts back to its problem of NOT linking. I have to connect the controller to my iPad Pro and open the assistant. Once I do that controller and drone link but if I reboot, I have to start all over connecting the controller to my iPad Pro. This started after I updated the firmware on the MA2. This is when I use the original MA2 controller, the Mini 2 controller works as it should and will link both drones. One other note, when you choose which drone you want to fly, I see Mavic Mini, Mini 2 and MA2. I originally began only seeing the Mini 2 and MA2.
I’m guessing my best option is call support on Monday.

I know the forum has been waiting with baited breath for the results of my MA2 controller.
Support had me send in the controller around Nov 15, I think the tech guys turned it on and said, look it works and then sent it back.
The day I got it back I tried linking to the MA2 & M2, no luck. Charged the phone to make sure I had plenty of juice for DJI Support. After 2 lengthy conversations of know it all support girls from Malaysia, I sent it back in. This time I taped a typed note of exactly what happened and that the controller will no longer link to anything.
Fffffast forward to Jan 4 I received a new MA2 controller.....It works!
I think if you have to send something to DJI for repair, it just might be a good idea to have your item accompanied with a detailed note taped to the item for better service. Those girls.

I know the forum has been waiting with baited breath for the results of my MA2 controller.
Support had me send in the controller around Nov 15, I think the tech guys turned it on and said, look it works and then sent it back.
The day I got it back I tried linking to the MA2 & M2, no luck. Charged the phone to make sure I had plenty of juice for DJI Support. After 2 lengthy conversations of know it all support girls from Malaysia, I sent it back in. This time I taped a typed note of exactly what happened and that the controller will no longer link to anything.
I think if you have to send something to DJI for repair, it just might be a good idea to have your item accompanied with a detailed note taped to the item for better service. Those girls.
Applaud your persistence. Great outcome!

After losing my Spark in a flyaway less than an hour out of the box, I've taken a chance and bought a Mini 2. I had the same poor support on the Spark as you experienced. Now I'm reluctant to fly the Mini 2 since it doesn't want to connect to the controller. It was balky initially, but eventually connected. Today, I decided to try a short flight, and it just refused to connect. I did all the plug/unplug, manual bind through the bottom switch, and finally got it to connect. But this doesn't make me confident to fly it. Any suggestions on how reliable the connection is once it's finally established.

After losing my Spark in a flyaway less than an hour out of the box, I've taken a chance and bought a Mini 2. I had the same poor support on the Spark as you experienced. Now I'm reluctant to fly the Mini 2 since it doesn't want to connect to the controller. It was balky initially, but eventually connected. Today, I decided to try a short flight, and it just refused to connect. I did all the plug/unplug, manual bind through the bottom switch, and finally got it to connect. But this doesn't make me confident to fly it. Any suggestions on how reliable the connection is once it's finally established.
You’re experiencing what I had. My controller worked flawlessly from day one, after the firmware update in the middle of November, the controller would not link to the MA2 or M2. Oh, sometimes it would link but as soon as you turned everything off you’re right back where you started. My advice is don’t fly if you do get it to link.
Call support and send it in for repair or for a new controller. Type up exactly what your problem is and tape it to the controller. I think the translation from the Malaysia girls to L.A. get mixed up.
One more thing, make sure you have the latest Fly App 1.2.2. I always delete the one I have on my iPad and then download the new one. Be sure to have the latest firmware updates on your M2.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato