DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote disconnected from Mavic During Takeoff

Aviator777

Reactions
I was just wondering if any of you guys had run into this problem that I had today. Today I took my mavic to do a Sunset shot ,and after It tooked off about 80 feet high suddenly I started getting battery error and showing on the screen DISCONNECTED to the point that I lose control of the drone the good thing was that automatic did a Return Home and it hover about 8 feet high from where it took off . So far what I had found thru Youtube is that some people had the same problem with the Galaxy S7 which I just got one a couple days ago and they are suggesting to turn off the WIFI on the phone, my drone has latest updates and re-installed the updates today with DJI Assistant 2 just to make sure .If any of guys had run in to the same situation I will really appreciated your comments .

Aviator, are you sure you 'lost control' of the drone ? The fact that you could RTH confirms you probably only had a tablet disconnect. Lots of discussion here about this phenomena. Make sure you are using the bottom USB port on the controller with Android devices and not the side. There is some discussion here that points to it just about always being related to the (crappy) short cable supplied and some issues with the side USB. Seems to resolve with a new cable (some very nice short coiled ones on Amazon) and the bottom port.

If it happens again, look at the signal strength bars for telemetry (control) and video on the controller itself. If they are good (at least the one on the left which is control) then you have full control, just loss of tablet. Many folks (myself included) are/have practiced flying and returning by looking only at the controller. Fly in a specific direction and see if distance decreases, if not, rotate and try again and keep tweaking until distance is reducing when you are throttling up. Practice that as well as RTH (and cancelling RTH) and you will be in good shape.

Reactions: SYC12
Aviator, are you sure you 'lost control' of the drone ? The fact that you could RTH confirms you probably only had a tablet disconnect. Lots of discussion here about this phenomena. Make sure you are using the bottom USB port on the controller with Android devices and not the side. There is some discussion here that points to it just about always being related to the (crappy) short cable supplied and some issues with the side USB. Seems to resolve with a new cable (some very nice short coiled ones on Amazon) and the bottom port.

If it happens again, look at the signal strength bars for telemetry (control) and video on the controller itself. If they are good (at least the one on the left which is control) then you have full control, just loss of tablet. Many folks (myself included) are/have practiced flying and returning by looking only at the controller. Fly in a specific direction and see if distance decreases, if not, rotate and try again and keep tweaking until distance is reducing when you are throttling up. Practice that as well as RTH (and cancelling RTH) and you will be in good shape.

My App jibbed out (s7 edge) when i plugged in with wifi/data on but was ok in Airplane mode.

Will look in to using the bottom usb.

Yup. Have just posted on another thread but thought this to be a good place to get more feedback. I have mine set to hover if control lost. It happened 30 feet up in the air (yet so near yet do far":)

There was no control. Video also stopped
Joysticks dead. No reaction to input whatsoever.

I hate the feeling of loosing control of the bird when all preflight was adhered to.

I rebooted app but that was not the issue. It just hovered and then after 30 seconds or so it just said connected again. Still no video until I rebooted app again. Open space no obstructions whatsoever. The dreaded interference warning has come back again but more alarming is the new nfz (no-fly zone) warning when we are well over 9 kilometers from the airport which is a requirement here in Canada. I have set at 50 meters max height btw.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+