DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote drone controlling from the internet

Eagle148

Reactions
Hello all
Is it possible to connect one mavic 2 pro controlller to my laptop and have the commands sent to my other remote mavic 2 pro which will control the drone in its proximity?
Or just one controller using my laptop keyboard and send the commands to my mavic 2 pro controller which will. Control the drone?

Hello all
Is it possible to connect one mavic 2 pro controlller to my laptop and have the commands sent to my other remote mavic 2 pro which will control the drone in its proximity?
Or just one controller using my laptop keyboard and send the commands to my mavic 2 pro controller which will. Control the drone?
No it is not.

UgCS desktop is able to do that.
Look at UgCS
No it does not. The OP wants to control the drone in real-time through a remote link. Photogrammetry software allows you to plan the flight in advance and then download the flight to the controller for on-site pre-programmed flight.

No it does not. The OP wants to control the drone in real-time through a remote link. Photogrammetry software allows you to plan the flight in advance and then download the flight to the controller for on-site pre-programmed flight.
Due to the closed Eco System of DJI you need always a Android or IOS based controller which communicates with the RC.
The UGcS Desktop communicates via TCP/IP with the app on the tablet. If that TCP/IP communication is 'locally' (WiFi) or by other means, does not play any role.

With UgCS desktop running on a PC you can direct control your vehicle. (Desktop app -> TCP/IP -> tablet UgCS app -> RC -> AC)

Finally, the desktop app provides real-time access to your vehicle. You can control the AC, view telemetry, take photos etc.)

From the manual:
UgCS desktop is fully functional ground control software for drones, which runs on PC. UgCS provides all the tools required to plan aerial surveys, control drone directly, monitor telemetry, view and record online videos and do post-flight analysis.

We are using that feature sometimes with our Matrice aircraft.

Technically unlikely to be useful even if achievable. Was too slow to effectively control real time flight. Network latency is likely to be in the high Millis-seconds to several seconds.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
Not military
I have a farm 20 km from my house.
So I want to stay home and thru my computer control my drone thru 4G.
Sending commands to the controlller next to the drone 20 km away.
Is that possible?
Can we also turn on and off the drone from a distance?
Thanks

Not military
I have a farm 20 km from my house.
Is that possible?
Thanks
Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I meant that only military should control drones from a remote distance.

Is that possible?
Yes, it is possible, but not with DJI equipment.
You need Mavlink based flight controllers with Ardupilot or Px4 .

I am currently experimenting with a Raspberry PI and this software
If 4G / 5G is available you can access a flight controller (Px4 in my case) remotely.

Not with default batteries because you need to press a mechanical button.
Here you have to go for a DIY solution ...

Skydio has an interesting solution with the drone being in a 'mini hangar' for storage. When the aircraft is trying to take off, doors are opening by themselves, a platform where the drone sits on is pushed outside and when fully deployed, the drone takes off.
When the drone returns, it autolands on the platform, retreating back into the compartment and closes the door.
I don't know if this procedure can be engaged at such a distance (20km) you describe.

Reactions: DaleD

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52