DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Rend Lake Spillway in Southern Illinois

Nice video thanks for sharing however that first shot was also a "low level range test" as well flying that low for that distance!

Thanks Mike

Reactions: fuzzball
Very nice video. Did you know there were those power lines when flying down steam the first time? Mark

Haha yep. I'd fished there a few times so I got a height on them prior to the fly by. I wanted to be as close to the water as possible but underneath the power lines really brought a lot of birds into play so I flew an altitude that would clear the power lines by a few feet. It's closer in the video than it really was but still bordering on uncomfortable. Even with all that there was a close call with a bird. Here's the captured screen shot. Pretty wild.

bird zoom.jpg

Reactions: W2EJ
The sensors are only a problem when judging distance above for landing. He pretty much flew this visually!

True. I flew that area for about 45 minutes. A lot of good stuff was left out to keep the video a reasonable length. A lot of times I'll speed things up in editing but couldn't do it in this case since the water coming over the spillway looked ridiculous at 2x. LOL. So everything in the video is real time actually as flown.

Reactions: mrgadway

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes