DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replace downward sensors

magosagazzu

Reactions
Does anyone have experience in replacing the two sensors down? mine display black screen during calibration test. I think they got wet.

Does anyone have experience in replacing the two sensors down? mine display black screen during calibration test. I think they got wet.
You did not mention what drone your having this issue with, and while it perhaps can be done, it would probably be easier to just have DJI do the repair, assuming it is the sensors that are failing or have failed.

You did not mention what drone your having this issue with, and while it perhaps can be done, it would probably be easier to just have DJI do the repair, assuming it is the sensors that are failing or have failed.
Sorry, I thought putting a post in the mavic 2 Pro section was enough to describe the drone. Sending the drone in for assistance I see it as a bit expensive operation given their costs. I was thinking of buying the two cams and replacing them myself. thanks for your quick reply.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-01 alle 17.27.14.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-01 alle 17.27.14.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 8
  • photo_2022-11-01_17-43-50.jpg
    photo_2022-11-01_17-43-50.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 8
Sorry, I thought putting a post in the mavic 2 Pro section was enough to describe the drone. Sending the drone in for assistance I see it as a bit expensive operation given their costs. I was thinking of buying the two cams and replacing them myself. thanks for your quick reply.
Sometimes when reading "new" messages it's easy to overlook which forum a msg was posted in.

I am not sure where I read it, but it seems like its easier said than done to replace them, but if you feel you have the technical capability, it would definitely be cheaper than having DJI do it..

From memory of a M2Z (same drone body), be careful to NOT lose the rubber seals around the sensors, they are escape artists and hide well.
I haven't tried removing those sensors but I think the biggest risk you face is that it may not be the sensors that are at fault.
Have you been able find new sensors somewhere? You might have to buy a second hand board with them on it.
One thing I would try before you start buying parts is to simply put the original ones back on the board and try another recalibration. If you are lucky it just might have been a dodgy connection.
Best of luck.

Reactions: magosagazzu
Not sure if yr discussing the IR or visual sensors. Since u didn't say, I assume you're getting no error messages? Problematic sensors normally give an error message. Make sure yr firmware and Assistant app are all up to date. I expect you've done this already but make sure the sensors are clean (use a microfibre cloth spayed with eye glass cleaner or similar). I had quite a lot of difficulty calibrating the visual sensors, I found it took quite a few tries to get through all the tests properly.

Reactions: magosagazzu
Sensor calibration is only available for optical sensors and not for IR sensors. Yes, they have been cleaned well from both the outside and the inside. The drone got damp, I found several signs of damp on the CORE board but it has no obvious damage. I also found signs of wet oxide on the two optics and from here I deduce that they may have been damaged. The cost is not excessive, I try to replace them and see if I solve the problem. I read in another post always in this forum of a user who had the same problem and solved it with the replacement. thank you all for your answers

Hi…If you are a DIY enthusiast you could do the following; remove the bolts that hold the lower cover of the Mavic 2 and lift it carefully so as not to damage the Flex that connects the leds to the plate... and check if there is any damage to it, sometimes the sensor connectors come loose due to the vibration of the motors, these vibrations are transferred by the arms to the body of the drone, perhaps that could be the problem. If you don't see anything strange then the option of sending it to DJI for repair would be the most advisable... I had the experience with the Mavic 2's front sensors, the cameras stopped working and the problem was that the connector had come loose from its connection on the control board, I re-arranged it and the problem was solved….Good luck!

Bought two sensor on aliexpress and replaced.
Once the drone was turned on, the drone magically started working again and does not display the error message. Case closed!!!

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent