DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Replacing ribbon connector...

Flyhighsky

Reactions
Before sending my mini off to be repaired,how difficult is it to replace the ribbon connector? After reading a couple threads of folks having problems after a crash they replaced the ribbon. My son was the one to replace the rubber mount for me but I didn't have a new ribbon at the time,now I do. My son lives about 45 minutes away plus he is getting married next month :D so he is pretty busy. I've done extensive work on my Parrot Bebop 2's but never did work on the Mini myself. I really don't want to pay a shop $100 for a $18 part that I already have.

Thanks,

Jim

Before sending my mini off to be repaired,how difficult is it to replace the ribbon connector? After reading a couple threads of folks having problems after a crash they replaced the ribbon. My son was the one to replace the rubber mount for me but I didn't have a new ribbon at the time,now I do. My son lives about 45 minutes away plus he is getting married next month :D so he is pretty busy. I've done extensive work on my Parrot Bebop 2's but never did work on the Mini myself. I really don't want to pay a shop $100 for a $18 part that I already have.

Thanks,

Jim

It’s quite easy to replace but the ribbon cable is delicate as are the connectors. If you don’t have the Care package then you have little to lose as long as you have a steady hand.

Well my hand is steady..sort of...for a 64 yr old guy lol.. I got the mini off ebay and it has been awesome until the pretty hard crash. Still flies fine and camera "sorta" works but is tilted,and even though the screen says it is taking vids a pictures nothing is shown on the SD card..this is my last hope before sending it off or looking at a replacement.

Whilst I can not comment on the ease of replacing "the ribbon cable" I would suggest the likes of Head Magnifier With LED Light Magnifying Glasses Headset for Precision Work | eBay and please note I do mean specifically that model.
As your eyes get older these magnifiers greatly aid your hand position control etc.

It is sold under many names so I guess it is readily available world wide. I have tried other types and keep coming back to this one for various reasons.
It does have couple of annoying problems, the RH main pivot keeps loosening so the lens holder etc. can 'drop' back into view after you have pushed it up out of your line of sight and the actual lens pivots loosen over time but, as I said, I keep coming back to them.

I replaced the cable and ribbon on my Mavic Mini camera without any problems by watching a video first. It's not that difficult to do.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut