DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

returning Up at 120 meters, no obstacles but error msg says "Braking now. Return Sticks to midpoints first"

Paulctc

Reactions
For the first time after getting the M2Z 2 months ago, I hit this msg while returning home manually 1300 meters from home / at 120 meter high. Confirmed no obstacles up there. Was able to continue but error keeps coming out every now and then. Eventually managed to reach home. Anyone had this issue before and knows what's the cause?

Were u flying towards the sun? Sometimes sun flares cause this and the drone sees it as an obstacle

Reactions: Thomas B
Set left button to turn off obstacle avoidance system and turn it off while going long distance. Or, what is better and most efficient - set drone to ATTI mode while going high and fast. It should be safest. When you get closer to descent - switch back to P.

i had this happen to me, same message, and it was not till i played the video back at home that i saw that some small swift like birds had flown very close to the front of the drone as they circled around probably curious as to what it was, i could not see them at the time as i was some 1400ft out

I just had the same thing happen to me just yesterday. And I was about 700ft. in the air. Freaked me out, but I was able to return home. I think it was either direct sunlight, or swallows.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman