DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Root Access

flood222

Reactions
I don't have a USB to ethernet cable (yet) but was curious for those that have been able to telnet into the device, can you check logs in realtime (unencrypted)? Something like DMESG that prints the message buffer of the kernel?

Welcome to the forum from the land of Oz. You have thrown a curly one there, I haven’t heard of anyone using the telnet for the tranfer of drone logs. Doesn’t mean that that someone on the forum is not doing it.
Regards

Reactions: CLAYB.7
I don't have a USB to ethernet cable (yet) but was curious for those that have been able to telnet into the device, can you check logs in realtime (unencrypted)? Something like DMESG that prints the message buffer of the kernel?
I have not tried with it a mini. If you have the newer Magic Jack Go, you just take out the battery (I would never tell someone to power an open drone, not very professional). Remove case, take the RJ45 cable (the one that's used to hook to your phone), sit in inside your drone, close the top, and use a different phone to call your magic jack. I have read Roots can often be found under a tree, if you take the RJ 45 cable outside, Toss the cord around in the air... I think the next step was to trip, but I don't remember where I saw that... Welcome to the forum! Hang around a while!

Reactions: Gagey52
Well I ran across this:

Shell access​

You can easily shell the RC by plugging a USB to Ethernet adapter. Plug the ethernet cable to your PC, set 192.168.3.2 as your PC IP address, and telnet to 192.168.3.10. It gives you root access.

So I'll have to give it a go. It is just a Linux OS that the drone runs, so if you can gain root access it might have some handy utilities to get info from....

Reactions: Dronut
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost